Industry Awards: A Critical Component in Any Marketing Program11 Dec, 2013 By: Charlene Soucy, Questex Media Group
Submitting nominations for awards programs can be a time consuming and arduous process. From obtaining the best answers from all departments to getting final approval, the process is not always easy and doesn’t always lead to a win. So if they are so difficult, why do we submit them and how can we justify the time it takes to submit them?
Every year, I gear up to watch the films that are nominated for an Academy Award. I do this because I trust that these films will entertain me due to the credibility bestowed by their nominations. The same can be said for business. How often do we find ourselves looking for credibility before we select a new provider or technology partner? In today’s feedback-focused environment, it is critical for businesses to gain recognition for its outstanding achievements in order to differentiate themselves from competitors.
With that said, industry awards should not be overlooked. Here are just a few reasons you should add awards to your marketing program.
- Differentiate Yourself: winning an award is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways for you to stand out from your competitors, and establish leadership in your market.
- Visibility and Prestige: gain recognition for yourself, your business and your company website. Being recognized as a winner brings you prestige and enhances your credibility as a business.
- Land New Customers and Partners: people like to be associated with a winning company and they often make critical decisions based on the decisions of other businesses like theirs. When they see that you've won an award, it can influence them to choose you over your competition.
- Employee Morale: winning awards can improve employee morale and help you attract new staff. When proud of their company's achievements, employees’ jobs can become easier because of the "stamp of approval". Same with new employees, people are drawn to award-winning businesses because they want to work for a winning company.
- Networking Opportunities: most successful award programs are presented at an industry event, where all nominees can meet and network, as well as be recognized in front of thousands of attendees as a winner.
Given the impact awards can have on employees, partners and the business itself, it’s important to make submission for awards a critical part of any marketing program.
How have awards impacted your business in the past? We would love to know what helped you succeed in winning a certain award.
2015 UPDATE: Looking for an awards program in the office channel? You’re in luck…the 2015 Perfect Image Awards are open for nominations through Friday, January 16. These awards recognize dealerships, businesses and industry professionals that have proven to be the best in the channel. For more information and to submit, visit www.imageSourceMag.com/PIA.