Continuum: Implement & Profit from Managed IT & Cloud Services Utilizing a Customized Business Model3 Mar, 2014
The managed IT services opportunity is a rapidly growing segment of the $118 billion IT spend among small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in North America.
Office equipment dealers are well positioned to capitalize on this market and the right partner can help drive success.
As dealers, VARS and MSPs look to capitalize on this opportunity, here are four key questions to consider:
1. Getting started: How quickly can dealers integrate new technology and processes to launch a robust managed IT services offering that fits perfectly into their current product portfolio?
- Report Card: For those dealers already in IT, are you operationally efficient and maximizing your margin opportunities by outsourcing? Is a business model being followed to ensure success?
- Acquisitions: Does the dealership have an acquisition plan to identify the ideal IT support companies with the right kind of talent to immediately expand your reach?
- Are we ready? Is the sales team prepared with the right kind of support and tools to enjoy immediate success in delivering a strong message of first-class network service/support and cloud services?
Continuum provides 24x7x365 coverage to dealers across the globe with an integrated platform of both cutting-edge remote monitoring software (RMM software) and a world class Network Operations Center (NOC) services team that serves as the backbone of the IT service offering, completely branded by the dealership. This provides an unprecedented level of automation and efficiency to the dealers’ IT customers that delivers margins not possible with master managed services providers nor home-grown resources.
“By partnering with Continuum, office equipment dealers and other resellers are uniquely complemented by a rich set of software and services and can very quickly build a profitable managed IT services business with high profit margins,” said Michael Amiri, Director, Office Equipment Industry at Continuum.
Our approach encompasses the following:
- Ubiquitous – the ability to remotely monitor, manage and/or back up any server, desktop, mobile device or other endpoint using a flexible web-based portal that is accessible from any smart computing device or use an iOS app with LogMeIn Remote Access to manage all of your sites in an easy to-use interface that includes access to all tickets, alerts, machines, scripts, and reports for each customer.
- Unified – fully integrated support for PCs, Macs, Windows and Linux servers, backup and disaster recovery solutions, and mobile devices, whether they are on-premise, in the cloud, or operate in hybrid computing environments.
- Management – unlike master managed services providers and software-only RMM providers, Continuum is the only managed service partner that offers true management supported by intelligent monitoring, a tightly integrated world-class Network Operations Center (NOC) for full problem resolution and a 24/7 U.S.-based Service Desk.
Partner support is a top priority at Continuum. The company has created a comprehensive set of technical services and enablement programs to help office equipment dealers and MSPs support current customers and to continually attract new ones. Partner support includes:
- Financial Model Development – By drawing upon its vast experience and expertise, Continuum has worked closely with Growth Achievement Partners (GAP) to co-author an industry-first Managed IT Services Business Model. The Model has been designed to provide a path for the office equipment channel to maximize profitability by focusing on achieving key metrics and benchmarks in managed IT services.
- NOC Services – 24x7x365 remote technical and administrative support and full problem resolution from a world-class Network Operations Center (NOC) that is fully integrated with Continuum’s SaaS-based Managed Services platform.
- 24 x 7 U.S.-Based Help Desk – Desktop services with dealer-branded call answer capabilities.
- Online Training – ContinuumU provides a self-directed online Learning Management System (LMS) that has product-specific training and operational best practices for our partners and their internal resources.
- Advanced Technical Training – Continuum conducts Advanced Technical Training sessions. These sessions are offered in cities throughout the country and give partners in-depth product training and information on best practices and product enhancements.
- Partner Marketing Services – An end-to-end inbound & outbound marketing program designed to help our partners build, grow and nurture business relationships through a comprehensive sales & marketing automation platform.
Continuum currently employs more than 700 employees worldwide and monitors over 500,000 endpoints. The principal owner of Continuum is Summit Partners (www.summitpartners.com), a Boston based growth equity firm that has raised more than $15 billion in assets. For more information, please visit http://www.continuum.net/OE