EO Johnson: Managed IT Services – What You Need to Know28 Jan, 2015
Pete Stauffer, Account Executive, Locknet® Managed IT Services and Pat McCabe, Branch Manager, EO Johnson Business Technologies, the prominent dealership organization located in Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa share a great blog on MITS. Read on:
Which company needs Managed IT Services:
- The one that has no designated IT professional but instead assigns those responsibilities to the most “tech-savoy” employee
- The company that has a small IT department?
The answer is they both could benefit.
What is Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services is the outsourcing of IT functions, be that the day-to-day network management, firewall services, data backup, disaster recovery, or strategic IT planning. Companies providing these services are referred to as Managed Services Providers (MSP).
A fit for your company?
The reality is most businesses could benefit from some form of Managed IT Services. To evaluate businesses need to:
- Understand what services are available for outsourcing
- Do an honest examination of what their IT needs are
Not all businesses’ needs are the same. For example, heavily regulated industries have greater IT requirements than non-regulated businesses. However, the need for secure networks are important for all businesses, regardless of size or industry.
What to consider
- Expertise – MSPs brings highly skilled and experienced IT professionals to a business, individuals most businesses couldn’t afford to employ.
- Predictable fixed costs – Budgets are set upfront so there isn’t any guessing as to what the IT budget will be.
- Security – How safe is your business against internet based threats? Are you unknowingly leaking sensitive information? Managed IT Services can greatly help businesses with solutions in this area.
- Support – The vast majority of IT support issues can be handled remotely, resolved over the phone in minutes as opposed to waiting hours for someone to arrive onsite and diagnose the problem.
- Data – Are you adequately backing up your critical data? What is the cost to your business in the event you lose your data?
Organizations that use Managed IT Services universally agree that one of the greatest benefits is the enhanced productivity of their employees. As the time-consuming IT tasks are moved from employees to MSPs, those employees are able to focus on other responsibilities, most often more strategic in nature and that move the company forward. Visit http://www.eojohnson.com or phone EO Johnson Business Technologies • 800.472.0020 Locknet® Managed IT Services Support Center • 877.408.1656