For those of you who don’t know Buyers Lab, the company was founded over 50 years ago as the business-to-business part of Consumer Reports. Though BLI is no longer affiliated with Consumer Reports, the company has become the unquestioned leading independent authority on product performance data for business imaging equipment, consumables and related software products. BLI has labs in New Jersey and the UK that test hundreds of products/solutions each year including:
- Scanners, printers, MFPs
- Wide-format and production devices
- Workflow and document management software solutions
- Imaging media and consumables
Basically, BLI test data and analysis help guide product development, product marketing, and purchasing decisions for OEMs, ISVs, office equipment dealers, and end customers around the world.
What attracted BLI to InfoTrends?
Like many companies, BLI is continually striving to innovate and transform aspects of their business to stay relevant and provide value to customers. In InfoTrends BLI saw a company that has:
- Long-standing position in the market with many mutual clients
- Outstanding team of employees with extensive client relationships
- Critical mass for expanding into new markets and creating new products
The focus of the combined entity will be on leveraging our content, platforms, and staff including:
- Product and market data
- Market research and strategic consulting
- Business development and sales training services
- Operations assessments to support technology and sourcing decisions
- Audience and demand generation through the ITEX tradeshow and ImageSource publication
I believe the combination of InfoTrends and BLI will accelerate our mission of providing tools and services that help our clients understand market trends, grow their business, and improve their operations.
Buyers Lab CEO Gerry Stoia and I will spend the coming weeks working with our management teams on strategy and integrating the operations. We anticipate a variety of new products and services will emerge as we move forward, but what won’t change is our unwavering commitment to serving our clients with the highest quality data, market insights, and customer service.
We are excited about this next chapter at InfoTrends and eager to continue serving the industry. Stay posted …
More blogs from Jeff Hayes