BTA Managed Services Workshop Scheduled for June 1930 May, 2013
Kansas City, MO — May 29, 2013 - The Business Technology Association (BTA) will hold its newly revised BTA Managed Services Workshop on June 19, 2013, in Chicago, Ill. Attendees to the workshop will receive free registration to the June 17-18, 2013, Cruise to Success district event, hosted by BTA Mid-America.
The BTA Managed Services Workshop has been updated to include the Managed Services Business Model. This model is the first of its kind, specifically for BTA dealers, and has been developed by workshop instructors Mitch Morgan and Chris Ryne of Growth Achievement Partners (GAP) and Continuum. GAP has been assisting dealers in making this important transition since 2009. Continuum is a large, experienced provider of managed services operations to dealers, and currently manages more than 500,000 endpoints. The companies’ combined knowledge in the managed services space will allow dealers to walk away with a “time-tested” business model and key metrics to guide success in this important strategic area. The business model includes an action plan and covers such topics as:
• Revenue: The appropriate targets, mixes and types, and how those should change over time to include items like hardware-as-a-service and cloud services brokerage.
• Contracts & Account Expansion: Seats under management, revenue per seat and growth expectations via additional products and services over time.
• Activity & Pipeline: Sales cycle duration, pipeline metrics, activity targets to achieve business model revenue targets.
• Head Count: Productivity measures for sales and vCIO personnel, target head-count levels based on seats managed and customers under contract, and personnel mix between sales and operations.
• Compensation: Who to pay, how to pay and when to pay, as well as target compensation levels as they relate to gross profit and revenue.
• Profitability: Target contribution level and operational levels to enhance performance.
• Operational Metrics (Core NOC/Help Desk): Key drivers of managed services profitability and customer satisfaction, including productivity measures, availability metrics and response times.
In addition to the business model, participants will be trained on a sales process that has been successful for managed services sales. The sales process is a three-phase sales process that provides clarity to the important components in closing managed services opportunities. Morgan is a partner at GAP. He founded the Connectivity Dealer Program from NIA in 1991. After his business was acquired by IKON Office Solutions in 1996, he led its Technology Services division. In 2001, he formed the Professional Services division for IKON. Morgan has been consulting with CEOs on strategy, operations, organizational development and sales since 2005.
Ryne, a partner at GAP, brings significant experience in driving growth and profitability, possessing a comprehensive understanding of the industry that includes traditional and emerging markets from both a sales and operations perspective. His tenure includes 10 years with IKON, where he built and led a successful professional services business unit from startup to a well-integrated team.
BTA member tuition for the BTA Managed Services Workshop is $995 for one attendee and $745 for an additional attendee from the same dealership. BTA members may also apply their $150 discount coupon received with their membership toward the workshop.
For more information or to register, visit http://www.bta.org/MS or call (800) 843-5059.
Founded in 1926, the Business Technology Association serves office technology dealerships, resellers, manufacturers, distributors and service companies. Its core members — office technology dealerships — consult, sell and service hardware, software and supplies with the goal of helping businesses maximize their investment in devices and technology. Through the association's various educational programs, information, research, legal services, publications and guidance, BTA member dealerships are positioned to be the premier source of the office technology used by businesses throughout the United States every day. For more information on BTA, visit its Web site at http://www.bta.org or call (800) 505-2821. The fax number is (816) 941-4838. You may also write to: BTA, 12411 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO 64145.
For More Information Contact: Brent Hoskins, Executive Director, Business Technology Association (816) 303-4040