DocuWare Achieves Certification with PaperStream IP Image Enhancement Solution5 Nov, 2014
SUNNYVALE, CA, November 4, 2014 – Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced DocuWare, a global leader of Document Management Solutions, as the latest independent software vendor (ISV) to certify its software with the company’s PaperStream IP (PSIP) image enhancement technology. The certification of DocuWare with PSIP further expands the capabilities of the Fujitsu high-performance “fi-series” document imaging scanner line and the flexibility of DocuWare solutions. DocuWare easily automates business processes by electronically managing and sharing documents, regardless of format or source; one search quickly locates related documents from the office or on the road.
In combination with Fujitsu “fi-series” scanners, PaperStream IP delivers a powerful image processing solution that allows documents to quickly and easily be converted into exceptionally clean images, giving organizations the ability maximize automation, productivity, and efficiency throughout the document capture processes. PaperStream IP is equipped with both a TWAIN and ISIS driver interface to seamlessly integrate with the myriad of scanning applications on the market today.
“The combination of DocuWare solutions and PaperStream IP with the Fujitsu document imaging scanner line helps our customers further boost their document capture productivity and create long-term ROI,” said Steve Behm, vice president of Sales Americas, DocuWare. “Enabling businesses to work more efficiently is always our goal and the alliance with Fujitsu to offer customers powerful and intuitive image enhancement solutions helps us achieve this mission.”
“Fujitsu is proud to partner with DocuWare to deliver high quality images to our mutual customers with our PaperStream IP technology,” said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “Together, this out of the box solution improves content extraction, document organization, and workflow processes which are all essential for today’s business needs.”
Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP improves on numerous industry enhancement features while bringing many other specialized features to market such as edge repair fills in torn and ripped paper, multi-stream capability for fast output of different color formats simultaneously without slowing down scans, and blur correction for smooth dot matrix print and better OCR and reproduction. Additional features of PSIP include:
- Preset Profiles: With a simple selection of black and white, color or auto-color, the driver’s defaults provide perfect images utilizing advanced features such as auto orientation, blank page removal, deskew, and hole punch removal. Setup time is also kept to a minimum.
- Assisted Scanning: In the rare instances when a document’s background is not automatically cleaned up, the Assisted Scan takes the guesswork out of document clean up by providing nine distinct cleaned up images. Users simply select the image that looks best. There is no need for technical prowess or detailed driver changes.
- Real-Time Preview: For complex documents that require their own specialized profiles, the Real-Time Preview functionality eliminates the need to rescan documents as changes are immediately made.
- Fast Scanning: Having a small usage footprint of approximately 100MB, PSIP takes advantage of the PC’s multicore processor to perform powerful cleanup without compromising throughput. PaperStream IP also provides 64-bit support for the latest generation of advanced scanning applications.
- Patch and Barcode Recognition: In conjunction with scanning applications, PSIP recognizes all of the most common patch codes including, 1-4, 6 & T, as well as both one and two dimensional barcodes such as Code 3 of 9, Code 128 and QR Code, allowing users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
From Documents to Value: DocuWare enables any size organization - in any industry - to transform documents into valuable capital. Regardless of format or source DocuWare automates business processes and workflows by electronically managing and sharing documents. Documents are readily available, where and when needed; one search quickly locates related documents. Whether as an on-premise or as a cloud solution, DocuWare provides all the components needed for Enterprise Content Management. These solutions are highly scalable, offer a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and DocuWare is ISO Certified and rated 5-Star by Buyers Lab Inc. (BLI). DocuWare (founded 1988) ranks among the world’s leading Document Management software companies. The company operates worldwide from Germering near Munich and from New Windsor, New York with subsidiaries in the UK, Spain and France. Its products are available in 70 countries and 16 languages to over 100,000 users in approximately 11,000 installations.