Independent Stationers Launches New Website, Announces 2011 Sales Results31 Jan, 2012
Indianapolis, IN– January 31, 2012— Independent Stationers, the industry’s most progressive independent dealer group and the leader in providing value-added programs and services to its members, announced it launched a newly redesigned and enhanced website."
The website, under the new URL www.independentstationers.coop, consists of a public section, a Member Dashboard, which includes detailed member information, as well as a new Vendor Dashboard, where suppliers will be able to upload their price files and other documents. The old website, www.isgroup.org, will be shut down and will redirect to the new location.
Some new features and functionality of the website include an easy-to-use navigation system, modern design, search capabilities, enhanced and redesigned Member Locator, RSS news feed, improved document library for price files and promotions, events calendars and so much more. “We are thrilled to launch this new website not only for our members and suppliers, but also for our national accounts and federal sales customers”, said Janet Eshenour, Director of Marketing for Independent Stationers. “This new website better describes who we are as an organization and as a cooperative, which is why we used .coop as our new web address. 2012 is the International Year of Cooperatives and what better way to tie our website launch and our story into this important initiative.”
Independent Stationers also announced strong 2011 year-end sales results.
Some of the highlights include:
• An increase in membership of 49 new dealers.
• An increase in RDC and non-RDC sales over the previous year of 30.97%.
• An increase in furniture sales over the previous year of 43.98%.
• Dealers’ sales to the federal government more than tripled under the group held GSA Schedule 75 and FSSI OS2 BPA.
• National Account sales generated tens of millions of dollars in consumer sales, servicing well over 100K end-users that represent over 3200 public sector agencies, healthcare facilities, acute & non-acute and banking as well as general commercial accounts, all bringing millions of dollars in incremental commissions to participating members.
About Independent Stationers
Founded in 1977, Independent Stationers is a leading global organization providing sales, marketing support and purchasing power for the community based independent office products dealer. The organization’s members are located throughout the U.S. and in 3 foreign countries. Collectively, Independent Stationers members produce $2.5 billion in end-user sales. For more information, please contact Cora Lienemann at Independent Stationers headquarters (Phone: 317-579-1111; e-mail: email@example.com) or visit the Independent Stationers web site.