LANDESK Unveils Service Desk 2016 - Introduces New User Experiences to Streamline and Modernise IT21 Jan, 2016
New Release Includes New Design App Store and Integration with Skype for Business
SALT LAKE CITY — January 20, 2016 — LANDESK announced LANDESK Service Desk 2016. This release rolls up enhancements made in the past year and delivers additional capabilities designed to empower individuals to be more productive, to provide exceptional user experiences and to further support organisations in their drive to modernise IT.
“Through these updates, we are continuing to improve our modern, simple user experience,” said Ian Aitchison, ITSM and ITAM product director at LANDESK. “These new capabilities will further increase IT productivity, making it easy for our customers to do great things within their IT departments that will benefit the entire organisation.”
Notable enhancements include the following:
· Simple modern workspaces. The IT analyst and end user workspaces have been further enhanced to highlight recommended services and to deliver meaningful service descriptions, images, videos, dynamic windows and more.
· Achieve business agility with design apps and new Design App Store. A new LANDESK Design App Store allows Service Desk administrators to create, view and select new modules and customizable capabilities, such as project portfolio management, social media and gamification apps to better support their business.
· Engage and inspire with gamification design app. Use gamification mechanics to motivate positive team performance in support of service management goals. This new app is freely available from the new Design App Store.
· Effortless integration to Skype for Business. A new Skype adapter efficiently captures valuable exchanges between business users and IT within Service Desk. The connection to Skype improves tracking, knowledge sharing and the end user experience without disrupting productivity.
· Streamline multilingual service management. For global organisations that require multiple language support, new features enable ‘single-point’ administration of dashboards — providing one view in any language, for any role, anywhere.
For more information regarding LANDESK Service Desk 2016, please visit http://www.landesk.com/products/service-desk.
About LANDESK Software
LANDESK, the global authority on user-centered IT, enables users to be their most productive while helping IT embrace the speed of change. Through the integration and automation of IT systems management, endpoint security management, service management, IT asset management, and mobile device management, LANDESK empowers IT to balance rapidly evolving user requirements with the need to secure critical assets and data. With offices located across the globe, LANDESK is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. For more information, visit www.landesk.com.