Muratec Expands Color A3 Line-Up with the Launch of the MFX-C2280, MFX-C2880 & MFX-C36806 Aug, 2013
Plano, TX - August 2013 - "We’re pleased to announce the availability of the MFX-C2280, MFX-C2880 and MFX-C3680, powerful A3 color MFP’s that will enable our dealers to profitably attack the core office color segments in the market,” said Jim D’Emidio, President, Muratec America, Inc. “Our dealers were adamant that they needed more products from Muratec in these key product segments. We’re very pleased to meet this demand with MFP’s that feature exceptional color output, an intuitive user interface, full document finishing options and powerful digital document delivery.”
The MFX-C2280/C2880/C3680 feature standard duplex printing, 9” color touch screen and color scan to e-mail, PC, FTP, HDD, user box and USB flash drive. Documents can be scanned in PDF, TIFF, JPEG and XPS format.
Users have two choices when it comes to document handling. The 100-sheet duplexing automatic document feeder (C3680DADF, $1,895 MSRP) features single pass duplex scanning that can scan documents at up to 160 images-per-minute, while the 100-sheet reversing automatic document feeder (C3680RADF, $1,695 MSRP) scans documents at up to 80 images-per-minute.
Differences between the models include:
• Print Speed: MFX-C2280 (22 page-per-minute color/monochrome), MFX-C2880 (28 page-per-minute color/monochrome), MFX-C3680 (36 page-per-minute color/monochrome)
• Warm-Up Time: MFX-C2280/C2880 (18 seconds), MFX-C3680 (20 seconds)
• First-Copy-Out-Time (FCOT): MFX-C2280 (6.9 seconds monochrome / 8.3 seconds color), MFX-C2880 (5.9 seconds monochrome / 7.7 seconds color), MFX-C3680 (5.3 seconds monochrome / 6.9 seconds color)
• Processor Speed: MFX-C2280 (800 MHz), MFX-C2880/C3680 (1 GHz)
All three units ship with (2) 500-sheet paper cassettes that support a variety of paper sizes (up to 140 lb. index), as well as a 150-sheet multipurpose bypass tray that supports thicker paper stocks (up to 100 lb. cover), letterhead, transparencies, waterproof paper, recycled paper, labels, envelopes and 11.25” x 47.25” banners. A variety of paper options are available including:
• C3680CAS1 ($995 MSRP) – Adds (1) 500-sheet paper cassette & small storage drawer.
• C3680CAS2 ($1,195 MSRP) – Adds (2) 500-sheet paper cassettes.
• C3680CASL ($1,495 MSRP) – Adds a 2,500-sheet letter-only paper cassette.
• C3680CAB ($295 MSRP) – Simple paper cabinet that raises the height of the machine and provides storage for paper, supplies and manuals.
• C3680BAN ($895 MSRP) – Holds up to (10) sheets of banner paper for printing.
PCL and PostScript 3 support is standard and enables printing from a variety of Windows, Linux and Mac environments. All three units support 12” x 18” printing to preserve crop marks and margins.
The MFX-C2280/C2880/C3680 feature a new toner formulation that uses biomass plant- based materials to reduce environmental impact and fuses to paper at lower temperatures to reduce power consumption. Energy-saving modes include an Optimize Power Consumption mode that automatically sets correct on/off/standby status for workdays, weekends and holidays.
Additional benefits of the MFX-C2280/C2880/C3680 include:
• Advanced document security features including secure printing, encrypted PDF scanning, IP filtering, HDD overwriting and S/MIME e-mail encryption.
• Optional authentication solutions such as HID proximity card authentication and biometric authentication kit.
• Document finishing options including stapling, sorting, hole punching and booklet creation. The saddle stitch finisher also features tri-folding, which enables users to create distribution-ready booklets.
• Standard 10/100 BaseT Ethernet and USB 2.0 PC connections.
• Optional 33.6 Kbps fax modem ($1,295 MSRP) delivers fax transmissions at up to 3 seconds-per-page and enables address book quick send, PC faxing, inbound fax routing to e-mail, group dialing, broadcasting and more.
• Supports LDAP (contact database & authentication).
• Color touch panel interface with a “touch & swipe” feel similar to a Smartphone or tablet. Featuring a large, bright 9" color screen and next-generation functions such as pop-up menus, scrolling function keys and customizable command icons, this new control panel greatly enhances usability.
Imaging supplies for the MFX-C2280/C2880/C3680 include:
• TS3680K – Monochrome toner unit, 27,000 yield (all three units)
• TS3680CMY – Cyan, magenta & yellow toner units, 25,000 yield (each, all three units)
• DK3680K – Monochrome drum unit, 120,000 yield (MFX-C2880/C3680), 70,000 (MFX-C2280)
• TS3680YMC – Yellow, magenta, cyan drum units, 90,000 yield (MFX- C3680), 75,000 (MFX-C2880), 55,000 (MFX-C2280)
• DV3680K – Monochrome developer unit, 590,000 yield (all three units)
• DV3680YMC – Yellow, magenta, cyan developer units, 590,000 yield (each, all three units)
• C3680WASTE – Waste toner unit, 40,000 yield
All imaging supplies are priced by the dealer.
About Muratec America, Inc.
Muratec America, Inc. is a manufacturer of multifunction digital office equipment and business productivity solutions. The company is a Plano, Texas-based subsidiary of Murata Machinery, Ltd., a privately held multinational corporation based in Kyoto, Japan. Visit http://www.muratec.com for more information.