New Document Capture Software from Kodak Alaris23 Sep, 2014
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Sept. 23—Despite widespread adoption of document capture solutions, IT and operations managers in many mid-to-large sized enterprises with paper-based processes are still searching for solutions to boost efficiency and productivity in the ways they capture and manage information. Scanning and extracting data for use in business processes and exporting information into repositories can be a bottleneck with serious implications on the cost of back-office operations and customer satisfaction. “As organizations become increasingly dependent on e-business platforms to drive profitability, it’s clear that the remaining paper-based information must be managed more effectively,” said Harvey Spencer, President of Harvey Spencer Associates, a leading analyst firm in the capture software market. “The best way to do this is to convert paper to usable electronic information as fast as possible.”
To address the increasing demand for fast, efficient capture solutions, Kodak Alaris is introducing KODAK Capture Pro Software v5.0, the next generation of award-winning software that enables businesses to accomplish greater accuracy, efficiency and cost effectiveness within their document scanning processes. Capture Pro Software v5.0 enables users to convert forms, invoices, records, and other critical business documents into high-quality images, delivering clear-cut benefits that simplify scanning, automate indexing and enable end users to streamline the process of transforming paper into information. Designed to meet demanding customer requirements, its advanced indexing capabilities automate data extraction and deliver critical information to ECM systems and Microsoft SharePoint, as well as business applications. “With Capture Pro Software v5.0, Kodak Alaris continues to make it quick and easy for end users to scan documents and index information, helping businesses save costs and improve productivity,” said Spencer.
Capture Pro Software (kodakalaris.com/go/capturepronews) is ideal for centralized and de-centralized batch capture workflows in a wide range of industries, with successful deployments in Government, Healthcare, Finance and Service Bureaus and proven impact in many business applications. Examples include:
- A county social services department digitizes client records in central and distributed locations. Case workers can now access records faster, provide better customer service and reduce the risk of fraud.
- A healthcare provider eliminated manual indexing and improved accuracy in the management of patient records. Pertinent data including patient name, ID, time, and reason for visit are now auto-filed in forms. The result is lower costs and error rates, smarter resource allocation and improved patient care.
- A service bureau uses drag-and-drop Optical Character Recognition (OCR) on specific client data to initiate database lookup and reduce data entry time by 50%. Capture Pro Software is significantly enhancing the accuracy of data entry by eliminating the need to manually key in data twice.
“Our customers can be found in literally any vertical and horizontal paper-based business application. They use Capture Pro Software to turn documents into shareable, searchable data across their organization,” said Tony Barbeau, Products & Solutions General Manager and Vice President, Document Imaging, Kodak Alaris. “With each version, we have enhanced the functionality to address the changing demands of information capture. Based on valuable feedback from our Voice of the Customer program, we have made a number of improvements in Capture Pro v5.0 including a simpler user interface and several productivity enhancements.”
What’s New with Capture Pro v5.0
The most prominent new features in Capture Pro v5.0 include:
- A new quick start user interface that allow users to initiate a scan job with a single click. The simple and intuitive new GUI eliminates the learning curve for knowledge workers who only occasionally use a scanner.
- Productivity enhancements such as auto-deletion of header sheets used for document separation and multiple document splits, which is the ability to create a new document starting with each page selected in a single, split operation.
- Support of Windows 8.1 and expanded support of new scanners from Kodak Alaris, as well as additional third-party scanners.
Capture Pro Software earned a 2014 Summer Pick Award from Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI), the world’s leading independent evaluator of document imaging hardware and software, in the document imaging solutions category. BLI cited Capture Pro’s breadth of functionality and ease as key selling points, plus the Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) feature, which accurately indexed checkboxes on every test document that BLI evaluated.
For a free trial of KODAK Capture Pro Software v5.0, please visit kodakalaris.com/go/capturepronews.
About Kodak Alaris’ Document Imaging Division
Kodak Alaris’ Document Imaging solutions enable customers to capture and consolidate data from digital and paper sources, understand and extract valuable insight from the contents, and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. Our offerings include award-winning scanners, capture and information management software, an expanding range of professional services and industry-leading service and support. With customers ranging from small offices to global operations, Kodak Alaris delivers superior systems and solutions to automate business processes, enhance customer interactions and enable better business decisions.
The Kodak trademark and trade dress are used under license from Eastman Kodak Company.
For more information, please visit kodakalaris.com/go/dinews. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/kodakdi and visit our blog at infooverdrive.com.