New Personal Productivity Solutions from Xerox Ease Data Security and Document Collaboration Workload18 Nov, 2015
NORWALK, Conn., Nov. 18, 2015 – To keep business flowing, employees are responsible for time consuming, manual processes like sharing, annotating, storing and securing documents and data. New releases of Xerox Digital Alternatives and Xerox DocuShare® personal productivity solutions improve office efficiency by automating document processing.
“We’ve focused on deconstructing everyday office processes and delivering solutions that unite all devices, applications, files and file formats in the office or wherever you are working,” said Andy Jones, vice president, Workflow Automation, Xerox. “The products offer enhanced security and drag-and-drop interfaces for more convenient sharing of documents and data. They simplify how workers manage the electronic and hard copy documents they deal with every day.”
Xerox Digital Alternatives 2.0 is a desktop and mobile assistant application that automates paper-based workflows. It helps workers overcome bottlenecks that make routine tasks cumbersome – like a remote worker who can’t access a digital document; different departments using separate sites to store client information, or version issues created when multiple workers update the same document simultaneously. Digital Alternatives 2.0 improves productivity and performance because employees can initiate, manage and complete basic workflows right from the application, instead of opening multiple programs.
New capabilities include: * Expanded signature support: built with electronic signature capabilities, the solution speeds up routine processes and approval times. If a signature requires an audit trail or digital certificate, Xerox offers optional DocuSign integration.
* Enhanced accessibility: users can now access and edit documents shared within Xerox DocuShare, the company’s enterprise content management (ECM) solution, no matter where they are.
* Extended support: new Mac client and Android tablet app let users collaborate across additional platforms.
* Increased security controls: new access control and permission capabilities allow administrators to control how business critical documents are shared.
The company also announced Xerox DocuShare 7.0, a new release of the ECM solution, designed to help companies capture, store, manage, retrieve and share information that drives day-to-day business processes. The solution helps companies digitize, automate and simplify paper-based processes, on premise or
in the cloud. For example, a new employee can scan their paperwork into Xerox DocuShare and it will automatically route to human resources and accounting for immediate processing.
New capabilities include:
* Mobile-friendly, customizable interface: workers can customize the interface to meet their unique design and workflow requirements, and information is easily accessible across desktop, Web and mobile devices.
* Improved collaboration: with convenient Web drag-and-drop features and the ability to download multiple files to a zip file, employees can organize and easily share data to improve collaboration.
* Enhanced workflow tools: with intuitive content rule and reporting capabilities, as well as Xerox ConnectKey® for DocuShare 1.5, office workers can create one-step scan to workflow, either on premise or in the cloud, to streamline and automate processes to meet compliance regulations and increase employee productivity.
* Easy integration: organizations can connect with back-end enterprise resource planning and business applications without extensive setup requirements.
Xerox Digital Alternatives 2.0 will be available worldwide in Q1 2016 and Xerox DocuShare 7.0 is now available worldwide.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. We conduct business in 180 countries, and our more than 130,000 employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients – and their customers. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Xerox® and Xerox and Design® DocuShare® and ConnectKey® are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.