Nuance eCopy ShareScan 5.1 to Strengthen Leading MFP Capture Capabilities22 Jan, 2013
Burlington, MA – January 22, 2013 – Nuance Communications, Inc., a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today announced eCopy® ShareScan® 5.1, the new release of the world’s best-selling document scanning and workflow solution for networked multifunction printers (MFPs) and scanners. The new version enhances the ease and flexibility of installing, deploying and using eCopy ShareScan for Nuance partners and their customers.
For reselling partners, 5.1 enables rapid deployment and management of eCopy ShareScan in any customer environment, from enterprises to small businesses. Improved installation and setup features reduce installation time, making it up to 17 times faster and enabling configuration and deployment across multi-server environments in mere minutes, while reducing the total cost of maintenance.
eCopy ShareScan runs embedded on the market’s leading MFP vendors including Canon, HP, Xerox, Ricoh and Konica Minolta, while also supporting any networked MFP and scanning vendor via eCopy ShareScan ScanStation software. eCopy ShareScan’s ability to support any brand MFP and nearly every device makes it an ideal solution for vendors and customers with mixed fleet environments.
BLI, the imaging industry’s independent testing lab, praised eCopy ShareScan 5.1 in its new report (to read the full report, go to www.buyerslab.com/solutions). “[eCopy ShareScan] Version 5.1 delivers improvements on several fronts, especially under the hood,” wrote Jamie Bsales, Senior Editor, Solutions, Buyers Lab. “For starters, the install process for eCopy ShareScan is now completely wizard-driven and should take a reseller technician 10 minutes or less—which is unheard of for this class of server software. These advances, combined with ShareScan’s existing class-leading MFP and application support, ease of use, and processing prowess, make an already excellent platform that much stronger.”
For enterprise customers, new features, bundled software, and enhancements to eCopy ShareScan’s foundation, combine to dramatically lower the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase its enterprise readiness. In addition, the new release adds flexibility to single sign-on authentication options, and improves scan workflow configurations. Combined, these features lead to users spending less time at the device, while ensuring that organizations meet their security standards. A 5x improvement in form processing recognition performance and accuracy of Nuance’s industry-leading OmniPage® optical character recognition (OCR) technology better automate customer ad-hoc transaction workflows.
“Many organizations are moving to managed print services (MPS) to gain control of their print and scan environments and achieve value through improved tracking and management of paper-to-digital workflows,” said Michael Rich, senior vice president and general manager of the Nuance Document Imaging Division. “Nuance’s new eCopy ShareScan 5.1 release delivers breakthrough performance that offers enterprises greater speed, agility and value in managing their MFP environment, and is designed for quick deployment and high performance.”
eCopy ShareScan is the ideal scanning companion to print management solutions, with seamless integration with products such as Nuance Equitrac®, Nuance SafeCom® and other third-party applications. The power of eCopy scanning and workflow combined with print management supports key features such as single sign-on, card access, secure scanning, scan audit and cost recovery.
Additional new features and benefits of eCopy ShareScan 5.1 include:
• Faster setup and deployment – The new Profile Migration Tool reduces set-up time and includes options to export or import ShareScan configurations. A best practices guide helps support the most common migration scenarios, and sample pre-configured workflow exports are provided to enable rapid set up of complex capture processing for resellers and customers. These enhancements reduce the overall cost for enterprises and enable resellers to provide greater value to their customers.
• Installation enhancements – Wizard-driven installer reduces the time to install eCopy ShareScan to as little as 7 minutes.
• Reduced TCO – eCopy ShareScan 5.1 is now bundled with more copies of eCopy PDF Pro Office, the company’s powerful desktop software which allows users to create, view, convert, edit and collaborate with 100 percent industry-standard PDF files, increasing the value and lowering Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
• Improved User Experience – The new release lets users complete scan jobs at the MFP in fewer steps and requires fewer transitions between processes to get jobs completed. It also automates scan-to-self and ad-hoc scanning to reduce time spent at the device.
• The Most Accurate Scanning – Improvements to Nuance’s market-leading OmniPage OCR technology means conversion of documents from paper to digital is fast and accurate. Paper can be converted with the highest level of accuracy into fully formatted Microsoft Word and Excel documents, as well as searchable PDF files.
• Enhanced Forms Processing Extender – eCopy ShareScan’s Forms Processing Extender (FPE) can now recognize forms five times faster than previously, while also improving recognition accuracy and adding additional Barcode support options
• Improved Enterprise readiness – Database improvements enable eCopy ShareScan to fit right into enterprise environments with improved account and permission options as well as improved database clustering support.
eCopy ShareScan 5.1 Pricing & Availability
eCopy ShareScan 5.1 licensing gives organizations the flexibility to scale according to need and achieve the highest return on investment whether the software is used for primary workflows like scan-to-email or more complex document processing. eCopy ShareScan is available through Nuance’s global channel of MFP vendors, partners and dealers. For info on eCopy ShareScan, visit www.nuance.com/for-business/by-product/ecopy/index.htm or call +1-800-443-7077.
About Nuance Communications, Inc
Nuance Communications, Inc.is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.