OKI Data Americas to Demonstrate Innovative Printing Solutions for the Education Vertical at New York State Education Technology Conference26 Nov, 2013
Mount Laurel, NJ (November 26, 2013) — OKI Data Americas announces its participation in the upcoming New York State Education Technology Conference (NYSCATE) taking place November 24-26, 2013 in Rochester, NY. There in booths 108 and 110, OKI will demonstrate various printing solutions from among ten different Office Equipment Product categories awarded earlier this year by New York State as part of a three-year contract for the installation of select color and monochrome printers, and multifunction devices.
The following award-winning products will be demonstrated at NYSCATE:
• C610dn digital color printer – OKI Data’s single-function digital color printers deliver high-speed print output, sharp text and high-quality graphics. This device is the only printer being shown in the OKI booth at NYSCATE that is available on NYS Contract PT65959.
• MC562w color multifunction printer (MFP) with wireless capabilities – The all-in-one functionality of OKI Data’s color MFPs combine high-quality color output and fast print speeds with the ability to print, scan, copy and fax in one device.
• MB770 monochrome multifunction printer – OKI Data’s full-featured monochrome MFPs provide advanced functionality, reliability and productivity features in affordable and compact devices.
In addition, OKI Data will demonstrate a variety of printing solutions developed for and used within the education market, including:
• Remark® Test Grading Solution – Compatible with OKI color and monochrome MFPs, Remark Test Grading Solution provides users with the ability to print, grade, assess and manage classroom test documents quickly and easily.
• School Communications Pack from OKI Data is a DVD filled with more than 100 predesigned teaching tools and templates for teachers to be used with the banner printing capabilities of select OKI HD digital color printers.
• Wireless printing capabilities of the MC562w – The MC562w supports AirPrint™ which allows users to wirelessly print from iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch® with ease, thereby improving productivity and convenience.
“At NYSCATE, OKI Data Americas looks forward to demonstrating our cost-effective and comprehensive printing solutions for use within the education setting.” said Michael Garofola, Senior Marketing Manager for Channel Development and Education at OKI Data Americas. “OKI Data is honored to have been selected as Primary Contractor by New York State, and is committed to serving our customers throughout the state.”
New York State selected OKI Data as the Primary Contractor, being the bidder providing the “best value” under the terms of the solicitation. The contract includes the award of workgroup printers and multifunction devices, ranging from low- to high-end, and including both color and monochrome products.
Under the contract, New York State Executive Agencies must purchase printers and related devices from the Primary Contractor, OKI Data, and may purchase printers and related devices from the secondary contractor in special circumstances. Authorized users, other than New York State Agencies, may also purchase from the Primary Contractor. Purchases of OKI Data printers and related devices will be made through OKI Data’s authorized network of resellers and dealers.
NYSCATE is a non-profit, professional organization representing more than 10,000 technology using educators and administrators in New York State. NYSCATE is an affiliate of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and cooperates with such partners as the New York State Education Department, state and national educational organizations, private sector corporations, and publishers to further the use of technology in our schools. NYSCATE is involved in helping define statewide policy regarding the use of technologies in education.
OKI Data Americas' commitment to its customers extends beyond the sale through the provision of live, toll-free technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, with agents based in North America. In addition, OKI Data’s live chat feature is available to customers within the US and Canada seeking online support on weekdays during normal business hours within the Eastern time zone.
About OKI Data Americas
OKI Data Americas, headquartered in Mount Laurel, NJ, and a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, markets PC peripheral equipment and customized solutions under the OKI® brand, including digital color and monochrome printers, color and monochrome multifunction products, serial impact dot matrix printers, thermal label printers and POS printers, as well as a full line of options, accessories and consumables. Utilizing Genuine OKI® toner ensures consistent, reliable and high-quality output that maximizes performance. OKI Data Americas also serves the Graphic Arts & Production market with the OKI proColor™ Series. In addition, OKI offers a full portfolio of products built to optimize managed print engagements. OKI Data Americas takes a consultative approach to supporting every customer's needs and delivering individualized print solutions that optimize business performance. The company's innovative technology is backed by Tokyo-based parent company OKI Electric Industry, a leader in telecom, infrastructure and mechatronics systems; and an approximately $4.9 billion multinational corporation according to its FY 2012 financial reporting. Keeping its customers' needs top of mind, OKI Data Americas is ISO 9001:2008 certified and offers a selection of ENERGY STAR® certified products.