Parallel 6 (Enterprise Mobile Technology) Appoints David Lee Scher, M.D., Pioneer in Digital Health Technology, as its Chief Medical Advisor to Scientific Advisory Board11 Feb, 2015
SAN DIEGO (Feb. 11, 2015) – Parallel 6, an enterprise mobile technology company, has appointed David Lee Scher, M.D. as the Chief Medical Advisor of Parallel 6’s Scientific Advisory Board. As a practicing cardiac electrophysiologist for more than 25 years and an experienced clinical trial investigator, his expertise makes him a knowledgeable resource to Parallel 6’s Clinical Reach, an end-to-end technology solution for clinical trial recruitment and retention. His dedication to merge healthcare and technology is recognized worldwide as he travels globally to speak about the necessity of mobile health technologies, as outlined in his blog ‘Five Reasons Why Mobile Technology Needs Clinical Trials.’
Dr. Scher is founder and director of DLS Healthcare Consulting LLC, a business that advises digital health companies and their partnering institutions, companies and healthcare providers. He’s a thought leader in the mobile health industry, working toward the development and adoption of technologies which meet clinical needs of patients while fostering efficiency for all healthcare stakeholders.
“Using mobile technology for life sciences, clinical trials is about improving both the patient and the investigator/coordinator experience, efficiently gathering more accurate data, and potentially increasing trial subject adherence and safety.” said Dr. Scher. “I’m honored to provide guidance to Parallel 6 through the advisory board, as we align our missions of improving both the quality and economic profiles of the conduction of clinical trials.”
“Dr. Scher’s passion for technology in the digital health space paired with our powerful product, Clinical Reach, is a great marriage,” said Parallel 6 CEO Allan Camaisa, who recruited Dr. Scher. “We consider him a true leader in mobile health and look forward to advancing the digital and mobile solutions available to both industry and patients.”
As Parallel 6 provides Clinical Reach to increase the quality and efficiency of clinical trials, they have established an advisory board of six Ph.D.’s and M.D.’s led by Chief Medical Advisor, Dr. Scher, MD, FACP, FACC, FHRS. Other members include:
- Beginning in 1978, Bindorf worked with Hybritech Incorporated and has since went on to participate in the founding and management of notably successful biotech companies. He was co-founder of Nanogen and served in various roles, including CEO and Chairman, until August 2009.
- Dr. Flatt has been involved in the industrial biotechnology field for more than 20 years. He joined Synthetic Genomics Inc. (SGI) in 2010 as the Chief Technology Officer and has been the President of Genovia Bio since 2013.
- Dr. Gu has more than 14 years of experience in scientific research and product development. He is the President and CSO of Renascions. Trained in bioinorganic chemistry (PhD), he pioneered human SNP research and applications as an NIH extramural fellow in the Human Genome Project.
- Dr. Hill has been involved in the industrial medical diagnostics field for nearly 30 years working in research, product development, and scientific/clinical affairs. He received his B.S. degree in Biochemistry from U.C. Berkeley and his Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Wisconsin. Dr. Hill joined Gen-Probe in 1993 and has published more than 50 scientific abstracts and papers.
- Dr. Szalay has been the Chairman Emeritus and Chief Scientific Advisor to the CEO at Genelux Corporation since May 2014. He was Founding Director of the Center for Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy at Loma Linda University School of Medicine. He is currently a university professor at the Rudolf Virchow Center of Experimental Biomedicine, School of Medicine and at the Biocenter at the University of Würzburg in Würzburg, Germany.
For press inquiries regarding Parallel 6’s clinical, digital and mobile solutions, please contact Nikki Jimenez at Nikki.email@example.com or 619-233-7778. To schedule a demo of Clinical Reach, the digital and mobile solution for Clinical Trials, please contact Daniel Calvert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-452-1660.
About Parallel 6:
Parallel 6, an enterprise mobile technology company that specializes in Mobile Engagement Management solutions, is the creator of Captive Reach. Captive Reach is an enterprise strength mobile technology platform that empowers clinical trials, government reach and many other vertical based solutions to ultimately influence consumer behavior, enhance brand recognition and build strong client customer relationships. Parallel 6 also offers a suite of managed services for capturing consumer channels. The company serves a wide array of B2B and B2C companies including biotech, government, retailers, finance, gaming, ecommerce, hospitality and professional service firms around the globe. The firm is headquartered in San Diego with offices in Mexico, China and Washington D.C. For more information, visit www.parallel6.com.