Print Audit® Reveals Web Printing Trends for 201229 May, 2012
Calgary, Alberta - May 28, 2012 - Print Audit®, the print management company, has released a summary of assessment results from organizations running its in-depth assessment software, the Print Audit Assessor. In a series of press releases over the next 2 months, Print Audit will be revealing printing trends that have been observed by compiling Assessor reports from 75 large organizations across a wide variety of industries.
This week Print Audit has unveiled the following interesting web printing trends that were discovered in the Assessor reports:
• 10% of printing now originates from a web browser.
• Recipe websites represent 3% of printing in every environment and are printed with enough consistency to make them the most printed type of document across North America.
• On an annual average, March Madness and fantasy football documents represent 3% of printing in any environment.
• Of the major web browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox), 95% of all web printing originates from Internet Explorer.
• On average 60% of pages printed from Internet Explorer are printed in color, while only 2% of Google Chrome and 5% of Firefox pages are printed in color.
Based on Print Audit 6 software, the Assessor is a tool exclusively built to enable office equipment dealers to run a comprehensive assessment in their customer's print environment for up to 60 days. The Assessor tracks 35 fields of information about each print job. For example, the software tracks who printed, the application, printer, number of pages, color information, document name and more.
For more information on the Print Audit Assessor, please visit: www.printaudit.com/assessor.asp
About Print Audit®:
Established in 1999 and headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Print Audit is the fastest growing print management company in the world. By providing businesses with innovative and practical print management software solutions, the company has helped customers recapture over $200 million in printing and photocopying expenses while saving an estimated 190,000 trees a year. Print Audit has offices located in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, South Africa, Australia, Brazil, Canada and the United States.