UF Health Shands Hospital Selects Lexmark Vendor Neutral Archive as Foundation for Enterprise Image Management29 Jul, 2015
KS/FL, USA -Jul 28, 2015-Lexmark announces that Gainesville, Florida-based UF Health Shands Hospital, part of the Southeast's most comprehensive academic health center, will deploy the Lexmark Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) to serve as an enterprise solution for managing medical images across its healthcare facilities and clinics.
UF Health Shands will implement the Lexmark VNA as part of an enhanced technology foundation to better manage the more than 550,000 imaging studies produced each year. The content management solution is designed to provide clinicians with better access to patient information at the point of care. Lexmark will also assist UF Health Shands in migrating nearly seven million existing imaging studies.
- Lexmark VNA will integrate with UF Health Shands' enterprise viewer and worklist applications to provide a solution for image access, management, sharing and exchange across patient care facilities. The solution is expected to provide enhanced interoperability of patient information with the hospital’s existing electronic medical record (EMR) and other clinical information systems.
- UF Health Shands is currently using Lexmark Enterprise Image Connectivity solutions, including Perceptive Media Writer, PACS Scan and PACS Scan Film. These solutions automate document and medical imaging workflow as part of Lexmark's comprehensive approach to healthcare content management.
- Lexmark VNA is an application, storage and viewer-neutral content management solution that enables a patient-centric approach to care delivery and enterprise interoperability. It improves clinical workflow and archiving capabilities for healthcare organizations, enabling all clinical content (DICOM and non-DICOM) to be easily shared across the enterprise, providing greater freedom and flexibility when implementing new departmental systems. Lexmark VNA also strengthens business continuance and disaster recovery capabilities with VNA software running in primary and secondary data centers.
- Lexmark is positioned as a "leader" in Gartner's most recent Magic Quadrants for enterprise content management, enterprise search and managed print services.
- Lexmark’s enterprise image connectivity solutions are used by half of all U.S. hospitals.One hundred percent of U.S.-based HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare systems use Lexmark products and solutions.
“With Lexmark VNA as part of our medical imaging platform, UF Health Shands will be able to manage growing volumes of clinical content and move with the market as it changes,” said Jasen Kloeppel, director of data management and disaster recovery at UF Health Shands. “It will help us solve issues created by existing applications that won’t talk to each other by eliminating data silos and breaking down barriers to information sharing, ultimately giving our physicians the ability to easily access patient images and other supporting content from any application or device.”
“Lexmark vendor neutral archive technology gives UF Health Shands Hospital the ability to access and transfer all relevant clinical content quickly and accurately, improving interoperability and yielding timely and informed healthcare decisions,” said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president Lexmark and president, Enterprise Software. “Lexmark provides healthcare customers with secure access to precise information in real time, enabling clinicians to make more informed decisions at the point of care."About UF Health Shands Hospital
UF Health, the most comprehensive academic health center in the Southeast, is a collaboration of the University of Florida Health Science Center and Shands. The UF Health Shands family of hospitals and network of faculty practices plus UF health colleges, research centers and institutes fall under the UF Health umbrella, which extends to a regional campus in Jacksonville. UF Health also has a statewide presence through satellite medical, dental and nursing clinics staffed by UF health professionals and through affiliations with community-based health care facilities stretching from Hialeah and Miami to the Florida Panhandle.
Lexmark creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.