Upland’s FileBound Achieves Certification With Fujitsu PaperStream IP7 Jan, 2015
SUNNYVALE, CA, December 2014 – Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, recently announced Upland Software, a leader in cloud-based Enterprise Work Management applications, as the latest independent software vendor (ISV) to certify its software with the company’s PaperStream IP (PSIP) image enhancement technology. The certification of Upland’s FileBound with PSIP further expands the capabilities of the Fujitsu high-performance “fi-series” document imaging scanner line and the flexibility of FileBound solutions.
In combination with Fujitsu “fi-series” scanners, PaperStream IP delivers a powerful image processing solution that allows documents to quickly and easily be converted into exceptionally clean images, giving organizations the ability to maximize automation, productivity, and efficiency throughout the document capture processes. PaperStream IP is equipped with both a TWAIN and ISIS driver interface to seamlessly integrate with the myriad of scanning applications on the market today.
“Being able to capture high quality images efficiently is critical to automating the flow of work in any organization that relies on paper for receiving information,” said Sean Nathaniel, senior vice president of technology at Upland Software and general manager of FileBound. “We’re proud to work with companies like Fujitsu to deliver the workflow solutions our customers need to achieve success.”
FileBound is a cloud-native document and process automation application that improves the way organizations execute work, regardless of the devices users prefer. FileBound empowers business users to deliver game-changing results by reducing their reliance on IT to control documents, content and processes. An end-to-end application, FileBound includes everything needed to implement automated workflows -- e-forms, analytics, mobile, integration with enterprise systems, capture and more -- in a single application.
“Fujitsu is fortunate to have FileBound, one of our premier software partners, fully support our new PaperStream IP technology,” said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “With exceptional image clean up and visual adjustments, PaperStream IP and FileBound 7 make document capture and workflow easier than ever before.”
Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP improves on numerous industry enhancement features while bringing many other specialized features to market such as edge repair fills in torn and ripped paper, multi-stream capability for fast output of different color formats simultaneously without slowing down scans, and blur correction for smooth dot matrix print and better OCR and reproduction. Additional features of PSIP include:
- Preset Profiles: With a simple selection of black and white, color or auto-color, the driver’s defaults provide perfect images utilizing advanced features such as auto orientation, blank page removal, deskew, and hole punch removal. Setup time is also kept to a minimum.
- Assisted Scanning: In the rare instances when a document’s background is not automatically cleaned up, the Assisted Scan takes the guesswork out of document clean up by providing nine distinct cleaned up images. Users simply select the image that looks best. There is no need for technical prowess or detailed driver changes.
- Real-Time Preview: For complex documents that require their own specialized profiles, the Real-Time Preview functionality eliminates the need to rescan documents as changes are immediately made.
- Fast Scanning: Having a small usage footprint of approximately 100MB, PSIP takes advantage of the PC’s multicore processor to perform powerful cleanup without compromising throughput. PaperStream IP also provides 64-bit support for the latest generation of advanced scanning applications.
- Patch and Barcode Recognition: In conjunction with scanning applications, PSIP recognizes all of the most common patch codes including, 1-4, 6 & T, as well as both one and two dimensional barcodes such as Code 3 of 9, Code 128 and QR Code, allowing users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
About Upland Software
Upland (Nasdaq: UPLD) is a leading provider of cloud-based Enterprise Work Management software. Upland’s family of applications connects people through technology, automates the flow of work and brings visibility to all aspects of the organization. With more than 1,200 enterprise customers around the globe, and over 200,000 users, Upland helps teams in IT, marketing, finance, professional services and process excellence run their operations smoothly, adapt to change quickly and achieve better results every day. To learn more, visit www.uplandsoftware.com.
FileBound by Upland Software delivers business process automation and document management applications that improve the operation of any organization by connecting users with the information they need to work more efficiently and effectively. With FileBound, customers can build automated workflow processes and centrally manage documents to improve compliance, collaboration and access to information. FileBound applications can be deployed locally or as a cloud-based service and have been implemented by organizations of all sizes around the world. For more information, visit http://www.filebound.com.