Xerox Named a Leader of Managed Print Services by IDC MarketScape8 Sep, 2014
The report highlights Xerox’s innovative services and approach to workflow and industry solutions made possible by its three stage managed print services (MPS) strategy – assess and optimize, secure and integrate, and automate and simplify. Xerox’s demonstrated toolset for document workflow assessment was noted as one of the strongest among participating vendors in the report.
“Enterprises are looking for new ways to manage information so they are integrating print and document workflows into their current infrastructure,” said Mike Feldman, president, Large Enterprise Operations, Xerox. “Our proven approach helps clients handle their information more efficiently while operating more effectively.”
Highlights from the report included references to Xerox’s strengths, such as:
- Building one of the most robust infrastructures and methodologies among all the vendors evaluated.
- Migrating customers to higher levels of print and document management maturity, including converting paper-based workflows to digital and re-engineering processes for greater efficiencies.
- Offering an impressive set of capabilities to support both its direct and indirect sales forces.
In addition to being identified as a leader by the IDC MarketScape, Xerox was:
- named the worldwide market leader in MPS for the fifth consecutive year by analyst research group Quocirca Ltd.[ii]
- placed as a leader in the Gartner 2013 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services Worldwide[iii]
- named a leader in The Forrester Wave MPS 2012 report[iv]
Since the invention of Xerography more than 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping organizations of any size be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., we have more than 140,000 Xerox employees and do business in more than 180 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.