HP Expands Digital Signage Portfolio to Drive Seamless Customer Engagement12 Feb, 2014
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 11, 2014 — HP today showcased a new 55-inch LED display, its full portfolio of touch and value digital signage displays (DSDs) and new digital signage players at the Digital Signage Expo.
HP also highlighted HP Vantage Point, a multitouch LCD video wall that gives companies a large-scale display to present clear, engaging visuals to customers.
HP’s widest commercial-grade LED display—the 55-inch HP LD5535—allows businesses to deliver stunning images with IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel technology that enables 178-degree viewing angles. With integrated scaler technology, organizations can easily create daisy-chain video walls(1) or deploy a network of displays throughout the store. Content management is hassle-free through a range of options, including a built-in USB player to using HP’s unique Video-over-Ethernet built-in USB player, making the HP LD5535 ideal for multisite businesses requiring prompt content changes.
The HP MP9 Model 9000 and HP MP4 Model 4200 media players facilitate the smooth and reliable delivery of HD(2) content, helping businesses convey messages to engage customers and boost sales opportunities. The smallest and thinnest digital media players in HP’s portfolio allow businesses to maximize space with the ability to place the player anywhere in the store using the VESA mounting system, which can support displays horizontally or vertically from under a counter, on a wall, inside a kiosk or behind a display.(3)
Compelling in-store digital communication
The expanded portfolio of DSDs has been redesigned with thin, light LED backlights and professional front-of-screen features with 178-degree viewing angles so users can showcase their messages anywhere. HP’s new line of professional, performance, touch-enabled and value-priced displays help businesses improve their communication experience and customer engagement with features like automated content updating and the ability to display content in multiple languages.
The HP DSD portfolio includes:
• Touch-enabled displays: HP’s touchscreen DSDs—including the 42-inch diagonal HP LD4245tm and 47-inch diagonal HP LD4745tm—benefit businesses looking for a platform that provides increased interaction with customers. The displays also offer Full High-definition (FHD)(2) quality resolution and feature Integrated Infrared (IR) multitouch capabilities, adding another way for companies to interact with customers in the store. Organizations also benefit from reduced power consumption and lower costs with mercury-free display backlights and low-halogen components.(4)
• Performance displays: HP’s high-end commercial-grade LED backlit displays—including the new 55-inch diagonal HP LD5535, 42-inch diagonal HP LD4235 and 47-inch diagonal HP LD4735—provide businesses with reliable customer experiences that maximize engagement and efficiency through 24-hour operation. Professional-grade features—including networked management to enable efficient control by IT staff, lock-out features to prevent tampering, VoE for simplified cabling and a built-in basic USB media player—help businesses improve in-store ambience with minimal effort.
• Value-priced displays: HP’s value-priced LED backlit DSDs—including the 31.5-inch diagonal HP B321 and 42-inch diagonal HP B421—are fit for customers seeking essential features at a lower cost. Built for extended daily operation, these displays provide a slim, sleek design and value-added features include a built-in USB media player and streaming networked video support.
• Micro-bezel displays: HP’s commercial grade micro-bezel displays—the 47-inch diagonal HP 4730 and HP 4730G—enable businesses to construct HP VantagePoint, a simple to use 132-inch-diagonal(5) multiuser, multitouch-enabled LCD-based wall. When tiled, the minimal gap between the displays is less than 7 mm, meaning brand promotion visuals remain clear to customers.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com
(1) Daisy-chaining with DisplayPort is limited to up to 25 displays. Daisy-chaining with VGA is limited up to 12 displays.
(2) High-definition (HD) content is required to view HD images.
(3) Mounting hardware and optional features sold separately or as add-on features.
(4) External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
(5) Powered by HP Z820 workstation and six LG730G Micro Bezel Digital Signage Displays.