Customer's Top Priorities when choosing a Service Department27 Aug, 2009 By: Editorial Staff imageSource
Customer's Top Priorities when choosing a Service Department
When customers select a new fleet of copiers, multifunctional products or
printers, quality of service is just as important as product quality. There are
top priorities most business owners try to fulfill when making a purchase. It
takes tremendous determination to provide superior service day-in and day-out.
Not every dealer commits the resources necessary to do this. The right culture
and policies must be in place. Striving to be the best can put you in a position
to receive more business. The following are the conditions that buyers look for:
• When a customer calls the dealer they should be able to easily contact
• If you have a voicemail they may be testing to see your response time. Return
calls frequently with regularity.
• They may call the service department and time how long they're kept on hold.
• When placing a service request through a website or via e-mail, business
owners look for some type of confirmation.
A quality service company makes it easy for customers to speak with a live
person. Their employees will also respond to emails and voicemails in a timely
DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION
• Consumers look for machines that will be delivered and installed
• Most want the machine connected to the network the same day. It's important to
let them know in advance if this isn't the case.
• Appoint a contact person who will handle training, prior to installation.
• Introduce the service manager to the boss. If this is easily arranged, it is
an indication of the level of service promised.
• Don't hesitate to answer any questions that are important to their business
before they ask and score big points.
• And, be sure to point out your flexibility when it comes to meeting their