What's your E-Strategy Plan31 Dec, 1969 By: Editorial Staff imageSource
What's your E-Strategy Plan
What does your website say about your company? Websites
have taken on a life of their own and have become powerful promoters for any
company. So what's your approach and e-strategy plan?
An e-strategy plan is a clear technology plan to utilize
the Web to support a company's overall business or organizational strategy. To
do this, you need to discover how your organization works and what is important
to it, to convey the best message and image of what you represent, as well as
how the company intends to work in the future for itself and its customers. I
would challenge you to define, and in most cases, redefine your own
organization. Keep in mind that each objective in your e-strategy should provide
a clear benefit to your company and to the customer. The objectives will
influence how you organize, create, design and build your web site. Customers
enjoy a structured organization that provides access to sales and technology.
Samples objectives would be:
• Allow customers to order any of your products online.
• Allow customers to place service calls online.
• Develop a monthly newsletter to support marketing efforts
• Encourage visitors/prospects to subscribe to your monthly
Your company's e-strategy should be in line with, or a big
part of, your overall strategic business planning process. Think business and
marketing, not just technology. Technology is simply a resource to communicate
information; the ultimate success of your site will be gauged on how well it
matches your e-strategy objectives.
Describe What Your Company is About and your Company
• What sales and services do you provide?
• How do you explain Your Company's History?
• Who is your Target audience?
• What is your content and how does it relate to your