ACOM Solutions, Inc. Introduces EZCapture14 Jan, 2009
ACOM Solutions, Inc. Introduces EZCapture
Long Beach, CA (January 7, 2009) – ACOM Solutions, Inc. today introduced a sophisticated document capture solution that automatically processes scanned documents of almost any type, in mixed batches and in massive quantities, for unattended indexing and storage in EZContentManager or other document management repositories, it was announced by Jim Scott, senior vice president of marketing and product management.
Designated EZCapture, the software’s open architecture allows companies their choice of scanning equipment and software, and provides great latitude in file structure and image format selection as well as provides maximum flexibility for designing workflow processes and defining indexes. It interfaces directly with EZContentManager and other content management systems and is compliant with any ODBC database.
Key EZCapture features and benefits include:
- Device independence – works with any scanner you may have or may purchase
- Forms recognition – performs template matching; unrelated documents can be placed in a scanner and the software processes them automatically
- Indices retrieval -- multiple ways, including OCR, bar-coding and database lookup
- Zone OCR – creates automated flows, eliminating the need for manual indexing and enabling creation of searchable PDFs
- ODBC functionality– provides for user-defined indexing fields and links with front end databases for validation and extraction, on-line document separation, filters and masks for refining data, and more
- Database look-up –checks records for vendor/document specifics
- Barcode recognition – accepts most 1D and 2D barcodes
- PDF Conversion – converts images after updating metadata with indexing data
- Scanned File Formats – Adobe Acrobat, Tiff, MTiff
- Database Compatibility: Microsoft ODBC, DB 2
Because document forms differ widely, a single capture template does not suffice, Scott noted. EZCapture lets users design templates that specify where to find the key form elements as it scans each document. It recognizes the distinctions in forms as documents are captured, whether invoices from different companies or a mix of unrelated documents such as purchase orders, production orders, shipping notices and inventory receipts. It applies the proper rules to each document, separates and groups them in background, confirms that the correct data has been captured, and indexes and stores them in EZContentManager.
EZCapture is compatible with all types of scanners –flatbed, multi-function devices and handhelds -- enabling companies in most cases to use equipment they already have or acquire. Technology requirements include a conventionally appointed PC with an Intel Pentium III processor or higher and a scanner with its own driver software.
EZCapture is currently available by calling 800-699-5758 ext. 4129 or emailing email@example.com