ACOM Solutions, Inc. Introduces MICR-enhanced Xerox Phaser 325011 Dec, 2008
ACOM Solutions, Inc. Introduces MICR-enhanced Xerox Phaser 3250
Long Beach, CA (December 10, 2008) – With today’s introduction of ACOM’s new MICR-enhanced Xerox Phaser 3250 laser check printer, companies with moderate check printing requirements and tight budgets no longer have to sacrifice security for economy.
According to Vice President Sam Mikhail, the network-ready, MICR-enhanced version of the Xerox Phaser 3250 MICR Printer is directed toward applications generating up to 1,000 checks per month and carries an entry-level single-unit price of $895.00. It offers security features such as the three-position key-lock switch that are normally available only on printers at three times the price.
Key features and benefits include, among others:
- Three-position key-lock: MICR-on, MICR-off, Printer-off (disabled).250-sheet paper tray for protecting secure check stock
- Up to 30 pages per minute print speed
- First page out under nine seconds
- Jam-resistant pick and free operation
- 400 MHz processor, up to 160 MB memory
- Security-code access
- Postscript 3 compatible; PCL 6 and Se emulation, IBM ProPrinter and Epson GDI emulation
- Network ready: 10/100BaseTX Ethernet, USB 2.0
- Up to 1200x1200 resolution
- Up to 30,000 ppm duty cycle
- Xerox and ACOM warranty protection
Options include a lockable second 250-sheet paper tray and a removable PCMCIA card for storing corporate graphics and identity, authorized signatures and the MICR font. When this security card option is deployed, users cannot print valid checks unless the card is inserted, providing an effective deterrent to check fraud.
ACOM reengineers Xerox printers to withstand the rigors of MICR printing with the support of Xerox engineering personnel. Part of the process involves developing MICR toner to the exact requirements of the specific printer model. Its toners meet or exceed the quality standards for adherence and reliability set by the American Bankers Association (ABA) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).