Best Print Management Solutions Updated with Announcement of Version 4.1 of Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express20 Aug, 2008
Best Print Management Solutions Updated with Announcement of Version 4.1 of Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express
Plantation, FL (August 12, 2008) — Equitrac Corporation, the world’s leading provider of solutions to authorize, authenticate and account for use of multifunction printers (MFPs), copiers, faxes and scanners — today announced the release of version 4.1 of its Equitrac Office® and Equitrac Express® print management and cost recovery solutions for corporate enterprises and educational institutions. This significant update to both solution suites provides customers the benefits of wide-ranging enhancements to document security, user mobility, system scalability, cost accountability and environmental sustainability.
Benefits in the new editions of the Equitrac solutions suites include:
• Enhanced Follow-You Printing® capabilities —- Automatic server discovery — With automatic server discovery, users of Follow-You Printing will now immediately see all print jobs available to them, regardless of the server — or workstation — they were printed from, while still minimizing the amount of network traffic.
• Direct IP printing environments — An enhanced workstation client enables Follow-You printing even when used in conjunction with direct IP printing. In combination with the automatic server discovery capability, this provides the key benefits of server-based Follow-You Printing for organizations that prefer not to deploy print servers.
• Expanded Control of Color Printing — User color quotas, which enable organizations to encourage responsible color printing, can now be specified through Active Directory synchronization. Plus, administrators can enforce monochrome output with easily invoked rules that transform color print jobs into 2 black and white, even when rendered on color output devices.
• Enforcement of duplex (double-sided) printing — For organizations seeking to promote green printing, a new duplexing enforcement rule helps reduce paper consumption by modifying a print job’s data stream to print the document as duplex, regardless of the original print settings selected by the user.
• Simplified cost control — A new option that routes print jobs to a group of devices rather than to a single device allows Equitrac software to evaluate each job’s cost on each device in the group and then automatically select the lowest-cost device.
For administrators who want to offer a degree of control to users, new interactive rules allow users to accept or decline a routing decision, or make a more informed output choice by showing them in a pop-up the cost of their print job on each device in the group. Promoting more effective centralized administration, a new system dashboard view displays a single-page graphical composite summary of system activity and device status. In addition, the new Equitrac solutions include connectors for Captaris RightFax, eCopy and SAP workflow and enterprise management systems.
Both products are available for download by Equitrac partners through the Equitrac Partners Portal http://partners.equitrac.com/ . Customers with active support service contracts for Equitrac Office 4 and Equitrac Express 4 may download the version 4.1 update at no additional cost.
Equitrac Corporation, 800-472-9532, www. equitrac.com