Canon U.S.A. Announces New Executive Appointments21 Jan, 2010
Canon U.S.A. Announces New Executive Appointments
Lake Success, NY (January 2009) – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in advanced digital imaging, today announced several senior executive appointments and promotions to start the new year. They include:
- Kunihiko Tedo to Senior Vice President and General Manager of Finance and Accounting – Mr. Tedo, who succeeds Masahiro Haga as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Finance and Accounting, joined Canon Inc. in 1980, worked in Canon Giessen GmbH in Germany from 1982-1988, and was assigned to Canon Europe N.V (The Netherlands) and Canon Europa Ltd. (U.K.) from 1994-2003. He was most recently General Manager of Office Imaging Products Finance and Accounting Division at Canon Inc.
- Yuichi Ishizuka to Executive Vice President, Consumer Imaging Group – Mr. Ishizuka has responsibility for a number of product sales and marketing teams within Canon U.S.A.’s Consumer Imaging Group, including camera, video and inkjet printer sales and marketing. He joined Canon Inc. in Japan in 1981, and has held sales and marketing positions within Canon Canada and Canon U.S.A., which he joined in 1983.
- Eliott Peck to Senior Vice President, Consumer Imaging Group – Mr. Peck, who oversees all sales activities for Canon U.S.A.’s Consumer Imaging Group, joined Canon in 1975. He has held several regional and national sales management positions within Consumer Imaging Group over the years.
- Junichi Yoshitake to Senior Vice President, Imaging Systems Group – Mr. Yoshitake, who succeeds Tamotsu “Ted” Nakamura as Senior Vice President of Canon U.S.A.’s Imaging Systems Group, joined Canon Inc. in 1980, and was assigned to Canon Europe N.V. on two occasions - from 1983 to 1990 and again from 1995 to 2001. Most recently, he was Group Executive of Canon Inc.’s Office Imaging Products, Small Office Systems Group.
- Takayoshi Hanagata to Chairman – Mr. Hanagata, who was most recently President and CEO of Canon Virginia, the leading manufacturing support center for Canon U.S.A., joined Canon Inc. in 1967, and held executive management positions in a number of Canon operations and divisions. He was assigned to Canon Virginia in 2003.
- Yusaku Azuma to President and Chief Executive Officer – Mr. Azuma, who was most recently Senior Vice President and Plant Manager of Canon Virginia, Inc., will oversee Canon’s operations at Canon Virginia and Industrial Resource Technologies, Canon’s toner cartridge recycling facility in Gloucester, Va. Mr. Azuma joined Canon in 1983, and has held executive management positions in a number of Canon divisions in Japan and Virginia.
- Yasuhiro “Jack” Suzuki to President – Mr. Suzuki, who succeeds Jun Iwasaki as President of Canon Mexicana, joined Canon Mexicana in November 2009 and was most recently Senior Director and General Manager of Canon U.S.A.’s Corporate Communications Division in Lake Success for four years. He has been with Canon since 1981, and has also held management positions within Canon China and Canon Europe N.V.
Canon Latin America
- Taro Maruyama to President and Chief Executive Officer – Most recently, Mr. Maruyama was Senior Director and General Manager of Canon U.S.A.’s Corporate Planning Division. Mr. Maruyama has been part of the Canon family since 1978, and over the years has held several marketing and product planning positions within Canon U.S.A. and Canon Inc.
Canon Information Technology Services (CITS)
- Joe Warren to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer – Mr. Warren, who most recently was President and Chief Operating Officer and will continue to have responsibility for the Customer Support Operations for Canon U.S.A.’s Consumer Imaging Group, has held numerous manufacturing and customer support positions within Canon U.S.A. and its subsidiary, Canon Virginia, Inc., over his more than 20 year career with the Company.
- Dan Bell to President – Mr. Bell started his Canon career at CITS as Vice President, Call Center Operations, in 2002, and was promoted to Vice President and General Manager in 2006.
“These executives have been instrumental in guiding the success of the Canon Group in the Americas and around the world,” said Joe Adachi, president and chief executive officer, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “They bring tremendous experience and global perspective to our Canon U.S.A. team which will help expand our leadership across our markets and position the Company for enhanced future success.”
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked third overall in the U.S. in 2008†, with global revenues of US $45 billion, is listed as number four in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies 2009 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional info about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.