Canon U.S.A. to Showcase Document Scanners & Check Transport Solutions at Healthcare Conference19 Mar, 2010
Canon U.S.A. to Showcase Document Scanners & Check Transport Solutions at Healthcare Conference
Atlanta, GA (March 2010) – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in advanced image capture and workflow solutions, will showcase the precision, versatility and benefits of its digital document scanners and check transports at the 10th annual Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Conference and Exhibition, beginning today at the Georgia World Congress Center, Booth # 8112.
“As the medical industry transitions to electronic medical/healthcare records (EMR / EHR), it is imperative that all healthcare organizations are equipped with reliable and secure imaging solutions that can facilitate and streamline patient care,” said Jim Rosetta, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. “During this year’s exhibition, Canon will demonstrate how our leading document scanners and check transport solutions are an ideal fit for healthcare environments looking to streamline their document management process, while also maintaining secure and precise records.”
Products on display this year include:
- imageFORMULA P-150 Personal Document Scanner: The Canon P-150's compact size and simple use liberates document capture by taking it beyond the walls of the office to the convenience of any user location. process.
- imageFORMULA DR-X10C Production Scanner: Fast, durable and reliable, the DR-X10C is perfect for document archiving, records management, and other centralized or consolidated scanning applications
- imageFORMULA ScanFront 220P Network Scanner: The Canon ScanFront 220P offers an easy-to-use, stand-alone, and secure solution for moving capture of hard-copy documents closer to the point of origin within the business process.
- imageFORMULA DR-2510C Workgroup Scanner: A compact, easy-to-use solution, the Canon DR-2510C is perfect for mission-specific or casual use in a wide variety of workflows.
- imageFORMULA CR-55 Check Transport: The Canon CR-55 is a convenient, compact solution to decentralize payment processing from the first point of presentment to settlement.
Demonstrating the expanded versatility and compatibility of its image capture devices, Canon will feature three solution software vendors, Precision Document Solutions, ImageSource and Digital Document Packaging in its booth. Precision Document Solutions will show its eAdmit turnkey electronic admissions system, running in conjunction with a Canon DR-2510C Workgroup Scanner. ImageSource will be demonstrating ILINX Capture, its document distribution solution, with the Canon ScanFront 220P and Digital Document Packaging will be showcasing its ChartCapture software, which captures paper charts to electronic files, running with a Canon DR-X10C Production Scanner.
Canon document scanners and check transports are ideal for use in various healthcare-related organizations including hospitals, laboratories, pharmacies, physician practices, clinics and health insurance operations. The devices are well-suited for applications ranging from point-of-care information digitization, prescription filing and distribution, and admissions, to back-file conversion, payment processing, and more. Use of Canon document scanners and check transports can help organizations improve system efficiency by providing increased safeguards for patient privacy, reduced operational costs through precision record keeping and better HIPAA complianceV by providing enhanced document integrity.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009†, with global revenues of US $35 billion, is listed as number four in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies 2009 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.