CANON U.S.A. SHOWCASES PAPERLESS INNOVATIONS UTLIZING NUANCE eCopy ShareScan1 Sep, 2010
CANON U.S.A. SHOWCASES PAPERLESS INNOVATIONS UTLIZING NUANCE eCopy ShareScan
NEW YORK, NY (September 1, 2010) – Recognizing the increasing role of digital document automation in today’s complex office environments, Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging, will preview its next-generation office scanning solution featuring eCopy ShareScan from Nuance, the best selling paper-to-digital scanning and workflow solution, and the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, at Canon EXPO 2010 New York. The eCopy ShareScan solution preview includes recent advances in paperless capabilities as well as a sneak peak at innovations to be included with the next-generation eCopy ShareScan V5.0, due out later this year.
eCopy ShareScan is used by organizations of all sizes to replace manual paper processes with automated digital document workflows. By driving paper out of business processes, Canon and Nuance can help save customers time and increase office efficiency by turning paper documents into computer files that can be instantly edited, extracting data from paper forms for accounting systems, as well as seamlessly moving office documents into content management systems and enterprise document workflows.
“In combination with the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, Nuance eCopy ShareScan provides a versatile and powerful document automation software solution, giving businesses the ability to move the document imaging function from a centralized production location directly into the hands of frontline employees. eCopy ShareScan has a vast array of new, productivity-enhancing features that appeal to both office workers and information technology professionals.” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A.
Canon will highlight leading innovations in the eCopy ShareScan demonstration at Canon EXPO, including:
- The eCopy Forms Processing Extender™ that allows organizations to automate the extraction of data from paper forms and automatically incorporate the data into Microsoft Excel, accounting and other business applications.
- The eCopy Connector to Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Software, allowing users to scan documents directly from the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, automate data extraction from the scanned document and attach the image to the appropriate QuickBooks transaction.
- The unique eCopy Highlight Extender, which uses keywords to automatically find and highlight text within a stack of paper documents – a time-saving feature ideal for researchers, marketers, academics and those in the legal profession.
- A highly intuitive touch-screen user experience in the industry, enabling organizations to implement paperless office and document automation capabilities without the need for extensive training of their workforce.
- The inclusion of Nuance OmniPage optical character recognition (OCR), which instantly turns paper into fully formatted and editable Word and Excel documents, saving office workers up to 15 minutes compared to manually re-typing information from paper.
eCopy ShareScan is available immediately through Canon Authorized Dealers. eCopy ShareScan V5.0 will be available in the fourth quarter of 2010.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc
Canon., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009†, with global revenues of US $35 billion, is listed as number six in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies 2010 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.