DocuLex Announces Enhanced WebSearch5 Oct, 2004
DocuLex Announces Enhanced WebSearch
DocuLex, creators of document scanning/electronic capture and search/retrieval software, has released DocuLex WebSearch with ZIP capability of documents for storage conservation and ease of email distribution.
DocuLex WebSearch offers the management, security and retrieval of indexed and stored electronic files. Files are promptly available, presented by key user-defined values such as number, name, date, document type or other custom fields. Information can also be identified and retrieved using full text content. Manage the security and retrieval of various files including MSOffice, PDF, XML, CSV, RTF and email. DocuLex WebSearch utilizes file storage of an Internet-accessed file server.
DocuLex WebSearch displays PDF files with highlighted hits, keeping all embedded links and images intact, maintaining the integrity of the original documents.
DocuLex WebSearch new features include:
• Improved installation
• Easy to use interface
• Activity and retrieval logs assisting in compliance to privacy laws such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley
• Runs on standard PC’s utilizing industry-standard Microsoft products
• SSL remote security
• Custom working folders for private use or to be shared among user groups
• Utilizes existing network, folder and file security
• Internal document, user and group level security
• Store files where wanted, so authorized users can locate and retrieve them
• Manages and archives custom-named files and folders/sub-folders recognized by Microsoft Explorer
• Optional sharing of indexes between DocuLex Desktop and WebSearch products
• Electronic files may be shared between WebSearch and other 3rd-party products
• Setup multiple indexes per department, project or client
• Password protect access to database indexes
• Numerous index management functions added
• Add search results into custom working folders
• Easily retrieve documents from active working folders
• ZIP capability of documents for storage conservation and ease of email distribution.
For additional information on DocuLex WebSearch, call DocuLex at (863) 297-3691 ext. 209, email email@example.com or request an online program demonstration at http://www.doculex.com/downloads.asp. To update previous versions, see http://www.doculex.com/downloadupdates.asp.