DocuLex Announces Office OCR6 Jul, 2004
DocuLex Announces Office OCR
DocuLex, creator of document imaging software, announces the release of DocuLex Office OCR, an optical character recognition software product enabling conversion of paper documents and TIFF files to a text-based format, for amending as needed with prominent business communications software (Microsoft Office, etc.). The program generates a formatted text document that preserves the layout format, character, font and style of the original document.
DocuLex Office OCR converts scanned documents into electronic files within seconds with maximum reliability. This program offers added flexibility to handle color and black/white images, with duplex scanning support to process documents in English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, and Swedish. It employs an unparalleled recognition technology to support 2618 fonts (including Windows’ 500 TrueType fonts). Users can choose to output to various formats including MS Word, Excel and HTML.
DocuLex Office OCR features:
· Batch log processing file monitoring processing status with on-screen verifier
· Import of B/W and 24-bit color images in TIFF, JPEG, PCX, DCX and BMP formats
· Export of images direct to Microsoft Excel and word, as well as to HTML and email
· Recognizes over 2600 fonts, 10 languages and boxed table configurations
· Automated processing, with one-button operation
· Single- and double-sided page recognition
· Proofing by on-screen verifier
· Image auto de-skew and orientation
· Detailed page and document information
· Defer/finish processing
· Manual page split
· Color inversion
· Support of TWAIN compatible scanners
· Legal dictionary may be customized to suite a practice’s specific needs.
For more information on DocuLex Office OCR, call DocuLex at (863) 297-3691.