DocuLex Announces PDF.Capture Version 55 Feb, 2001
DocuLex Announces PDF.Capture Version 5
(Winter Haven, FL) – DocuLex, creator of text and image scanning software, announces the release of PDF.Capture V5, the latest generation of the company’s popular all-in-one document imaging software package.
PDF.Capture includes a job administrator module, which manages the setup of various imaging projects. Setup is easily handled by the new user with the DocuLex Job Wizard or customized, with scripting, by the experienced user. It maintains information on project description, document and file naming conventions, image specification, scripting rules, and unique document descriptions.
Features of PDF.Capture include:
· A new, more convenient user interface
· An extensive options menu
· A multi-thread monitor feature for use in PDF file creation
· Improved OCR engine, including exporting to Searchable PDF, RTF, TXT and delimited text
· In addition to the 10 existing language dictionaries, a British English OCR dictionary has been added
· Progress log reports
· Addition of statistical data to the processing progress bar
· Monitor watch folder feature for automated processing of TIFF to searchable PDF
· Barcode, document separator and mark sense recognition
· Updated easy-use help files.
· Computer based training program, for self-paced training.
· SCSI support for most production scanners
· Network support for most digital copiers
Due to the overwhelming growth of electronic document storage, particularly intranet based information management systems and CD-ROM, the demand for a reliable solution for converting paper documents to searchable PDF files has increased dramatically. PDF files are fully searchable electronic files that can be easily managed and distributed in Web-based information management systems and local or wide area networks, as well as stored on CD-ROM.
PDF.Capture V5 is now available from authorized DocuLex software dealers.
To learn more about DocuLex, visit www.doculex.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.