eCopy Reports Thirteenth Consecutive Year of Record Order Volume23 Oct, 2006
eCopy Reports Thirteenth Consecutive Year of Record Order Volume
Nashua, NH - eCopy Inc., a leading provider of solutions that integrate paper documents into enterprise software applications, has announced record order volume for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2006, marking 13 consecutive years of order volume growth. For the year, eCopy orders grew 37 percent to US$62.4 million, driven by strong global demand for its document imaging and distribution products and an expanding European presence. The company sold nearly 26,000 licenses of its flagship product eCopy ShareScan OP during the fiscal year, an 82 percent increase over the previous year.
“eCopy continues to set the standard among companies providing document scanning software for multifunction products (MFPs),” said Edward Schmid, eCopy president and CEO. “Our company dramatically grew sales in our Canon distribution channel and launched fast growing businesses in the Ricoh, Sharp, and Toshiba channels. Over 100 organizations have joined our eCopy Connections Alliance Partner program and have or are developing Connectors to our Open Platform Architecture, strengthening our position in the enterprise.”
According to Keith Kmetz, an industry analyst with IDC, “A key driver in eCopy’s recent growth is its ability to provide a standard document scanning operating platform across MFP brands, so office workers can use the same scanning procedures at any of their organization’s MFPs. This approach is changing the way offices deal with paper, making it easy to scan paper-based information securely from any MFP into any electronic workflow.”
During its last fiscal year, eCopy achieved a number of important milestones
- Continued record eCopy order volume through Canon subsidiaries worldwide.
- Fiscal 2006 European order volume grew 102 percent over last year to more than US$14.2 million.
- New and expanded customer implementations spanning across North America and Europe that help organizations capture paper-based information into enterprise applications, including Verizon, Honda, Hong Kong Monetary Authority, ntl, GMAC Financial Services, Nissan, and AIG. During the fiscal year, eCopy surpassed the 2 million mark for eCopy Desktop™ licenses sold and 50,000 mark for ShareScan licenses sold.
- A highly successfully eCopy Paper Connection Forum which brought together 460 attendees to chart the course for next generation applications that integrate paper documents into electronic business processes.
- Industry recognition for company and product excellence. eCopy was named to Gartner’s elite list of “cool vendors” and was awarded the prestigious “Most User Friendly Scanning Solution” Award for 2006 by BERTL. Additionally, Buyers Laboratory cited eCopy as providing the “Outstanding Scan Routing Solution” in its “Pick” awards.
- A significantly expanded market presence with Canon, Konica Minolta, Gestetner, HP, Lanier, Ricoh, Savin, Sharp, and Toshiba all now offering “eCopy Ready” MFPs, which enables office workers to use the same scanning procedures across MFPs from these companies.
- eCopy unveiled an online sales and technical training resource for office equipment dealers (OEDs). The narrated, modular training, called eCopy College, is designed to help OEDs sell and support eCopy products.
- eCopy expanded its presence in markets around the world with a workforce growing to more than 220 employees dedicated to MFP document scanning solutions.
“Document scanning is a pivotal technology for organizations to efficiently collect, digitize, and categorize more information every day. eCopy’s market opportunity is expanding at a fast rate with workgroup laser-based MFPs growing by 33 percent last year according IDC,” Schmid said.