Fiery for Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family27 Sep, 2007
Fiery for Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family
EFI, a world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation, has announced the most advanced Fiery platform to optimize the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family (110 pages per minute (ppm)/125 ppm) of digital output devices from Xerox Corporation. Based on the Fiery technology that won the 2007 BERTL’s Best Innovation Award, the new Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family is designed for customers in Print for Pay, Quick Print, Corporate Reproduction Departments (CRD), as well was in Education, Legal and other Office workgroup environments where demanding turnaround times, flexible make-ready and high quality applications are critical to success. With minimal operator effort, the Fiery-driven Xerox 4112/4127 speedily delivers, for example, the most complex mixed-size document sets, manuals and course packs, variable information jobs and saddle-stitched booklets.
"Through many years of our successful strategic relationship, we’re consistently impressed with EFI’s technology innovation and their ability to time and again deliver products that enable our customers’ improved competitiveness, efficiency and profitability,” said Jerry Murray, vice president, product marketing, Xerox Production Systems Group. “With the launch of the Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family, Xerox and EFI continue a partnership that adds tremendous value for customers - with the highest levels of image quality, productivity, speed, and reliability."
“Customers deploying the new Fiery maximize their investment in the Xerox 4112/4127 – maximizing speed and security, reducing costs by automating print workflows, and delivering optimal image quality,” said Frank Mallozzi, senior vice president, marketing and sales, EFI. “Customers are sure to find the Fiery value unbeatable.”
The Fiery platform’s combination of advanced hardware and core technology optimizes throughput and handles production peaks to keep the Xerox 4112/4127 running at its utmost speed. The Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family includes Fiery Smart RIP technology, which drives up to 30 percent more pages on printing devices per time period in the most demanding environments where Microsoft Office and PDF documents are predominant. The new Fiery also includes Advanced Job Management features that give operators total control over production throughput with maximum flexibility.
Highly Automated Production Print Workflows
In designing the Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family, EFI focused on delivering powerful high automation production features accessible to every level of operator expertise. The Fiery server makes it easier for print services providers to satisfy their customers’ unique needs for high quality documents in high volume, from the simplest to the most complex applications and ever shorter timelines. Powerful features that speed complex document production on the Xerox 4112/4127 include:
· The Fiery Command WorkStation (CWS) interface, which enables the control of multiple Fiery-driven digital output devices, like the Xerox DocuColor 1010, 2101, and 4110 printers, from one CWS and managing a single Fiery from multiple local or remote, Windows® and Macintosh® clients at the same time;
· Fiery Booklet Maker makes producing complex documents easier by utilizing a wizard workflow that guides the user through the entire process;
· Fully programmable and automatic Mixed Media and subset finishing capability speeds the printing process of finished documents, including advanced transactional type documents;
· With Hot Folders, users “drag and drop” files, including Microsoft files, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher files, into Hot Folders that are pre-configured to print the job for pre-defined, guaranteed results. This feature makes it easier and faster to print documents without opening the original application.
· The optional EFI Impose, Fiery Edition, enables Xerox customers to address the increasing demands for variable data printing (VDP) and non-VDP jobs with Visual Imposition Workflow. Users can create unlimited templates to automate job submission and reduce printing errors.
· The optional EFI Compose, Fiery Edition, provides powerful functionality for complex document make-ready tasks including visual-based functions, such as document merging, media specification, chapterization and tab printing.
Maximum Print Server Security
EFI Fiery technology is based on an open architecture and adheres to industry standard security certification policies and network authentication protocols. The Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family incorporates strong security utilities ranging from limiting who has access to the controller – leveraging several industry standards including: Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and Internet Protocol (IP) Filtering support, Port Blocking, Common Criteria, and LDAP Authentication – to securing the data itself, utilizing SNMP V3 (Simple Network Management Protocol, Version 3), SSL (Secure Socket Layer) support, Certificate Management, Encryption of Critical Information, and the Secure Erase feature, which removes all traces of job data from the Fiery hard disk drive. The Removable Hard Disk Drive option enables customers to lock the server drive(s) into the system for normal operation and to move the drives to a secure location after powering down the server.
Immediate, Seamless Integration
The Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family features industry standard networking protocols that virtually guarantee easy connectivity and ensure seamless integration in any network environment. The new Fiery includes “peer-to-peer” (SMB) support for Windows workstation printing, and LDAP support for directory or a global address book access. Additionally, the Fiery consumes big files faster, so the drain on bandwidth is minimized.
With the Fiery open platform and compliance with industry standards such as JDF (Job Definition Format), PDF (Portable Document Format), and PPML, as well as legacy proprietary language support, including Xerox VIPP (Variable-data Intelligent PostScript Printware, the Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family readily installs in any technology environment and accommodates change in that environment.
The Fiery for the Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer Family serves as a gateway to third-party technologies, EFI products such as EFI business management software and prepress solutions, and Xerox FreeFlow solutions. The Fiery seamlessly integrates into the EFI business management workflow to bridge the production aspects of the Xerox 4112/4127 with customers’ print shop business management systems. This integration improves accuracy, speeds production, reduces costs, supports plant-wide optimization, and impacts the print service provider’s profit potential.