Fujitsu Introduces Next Generation Production Scanner Focused on Automation, Efficiency & Productivity10 Feb, 2010
Fujitsu Introduces Next Generation Production Scanner Focused on Automation, Efficiency & Productivity
SUNNYVALE, CA (February 2010) - Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc., the market leader in document imaging scanners and services, today introduced the latest breakthrough in production-level scanning – the Fujitsu fi-6800. The latest mid-volume production scanner offers new intelligent features and functionality allowing customers to boost automation, productivity and efficiency throughout the entire scanning process. Additionally, the Fujitsu fi-6800 boasts the smallest footprint of any scanner in its class, allowing users to conveniently place the scanner in front-office environments.
The Fujitsu fi-6800 offers fast scanning speeds of 130 ppm / 260 ipm at 200 or 300 dpi (color, grayscale or monochrome), quiet operation for use in the front-office environment, a reliable paper-feed mechanism evolved from the company’s top-of-the-line Fujitsu fi-5900C scanner, paper and multi-feed protection functions that identify and tackle paper-feed problems before they happen to ensure maximum uptime, and a full suite of in-box software providing an outstanding return on investment. More details on the Fujitsu fi-6800’s key features include:
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF): iMFF allows for instant detection of a multi-feed or multilayer document, such as taped-on receipts or sticky notes added to a document. This function transports the document that has caused the alert to the exit path of the scanner, and presents both the physical document as well as the scanned front and back side images to the user so they can decide whether rescanning is required.
- Automatic Image Quality Checker (aIQC): For uninterrupted processing of document batches the aIQC virtually marks images with potential missing data, such as folded corners, and those that might show multi-feed incidences, allowing the user to then check through these earmarked images and either validate or re-scan to the same position in the image order.
- Ease of Use: The fi-6800 has been designed with usability in mind allowing the user to conveniently adapt the scanner to their preferred processes and preferences. Scanner status and settings are presented and changed on an easy to navigate LCD panel, which can be programmed in seven different languages. The scanner’s simple yet sturdy construction and wide, easy to open cover allow for quick, obstacle-free cleaning and maintenance.
- Automatic stacker: Output speed of paper is controlled to enhance stacking, keeping documents neat and orderly in the exit tray.
- Compact design: The scanner’s small footprint (12.2” x 18.1” x 17.8”) allows for convenient desktop placement in front-office environments. This design makes the fi-6800 the smallest document scanner in its class.
- Full suite of software tools: The fi-6800 comes factory-equipped with Kofax® VRS 4.5 Professional with enhanced bar code recognition, ScandAll PRO 1.8 with Connect to Microsoft® SharePoint® to enable document sharing and collaboration, Adobe® Acrobat® 9.0 Standard, and TWAIN and ISIS™ drivers. For more sophisticated capture requirements, the fi-6800 integrates seamlessly into Enterprise Content Management and Document Management solutions.
- VRS hardware equipped: In addition to the Kofax VRS Professional software included with the new scanner, the fi-6800 comes equipped with the Kofax VRS 4.5 Color Graphics Adapter (CGA) board, providing users with excellent image processing functionality and performance.
A Green Design
The new ultra-bright LED lamp technology incorporated into the fi-6800 design helps significantly decrease its power consumption, and the scanner uses less than 4W while in sleep mode. Upon power-on, the scanner is ready to start operating within seconds, making it ideal when small batches of documents need to be scanned at frequent intervals throughout the day, while also keeping demands on energy as low as possible. Additionally, the start-up time from sleep mode to scan is less than six seconds.
Micrographics, Inc., one of the most successful service companies in the document and information management processing industry, has thoroughly evaluated the Fujitsu fi-6800 and has been impressed the results.
“The Fujitsu fi-6800 has truly exceeded our expectations,” said Jennifer Van Hart, vice president, Micrographics, Inc. “From its extremely quiet operation and exceptionally small footprint to the intuitive LCD panel and ease of use, the scanner is a perfect fit for any production level scanning environment.”
“The main focus of the fi-6800 is to make the entire scanning process – from pre-scanning to post scanning – more automated and efficient for the end user, while also providing the latest in document imaging features and functionalities,” said Kevin Neal, product manager, production scanners, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “The fi-6800 takes advantage of Fujitsu’s legacy in providing the best scanners in the industry, offering companies in vertical markets such as healthcare, government, legal, finance, insurance and transportation, the most productive, easy to use, feature-rich production scanner on the market.”
Pricing & Availability
The new Fujitsu fi-6800 mid-volume production scanner will be available in March through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Cranel Imaging (a division of Cranel, Inc.), Ingram Micro, Inc., NewWave Technologies, Inc. and Tech Data Corporation. The scanner is priced at $19,995 (U.S. list). Visit the Fujitsu Website for more information on the new fi-6800 scanner or call, 1-888-425-8228.
Service Options for the Fujitsu fi-6800 Scanner
Fujitsu offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the document imaging industry which are now available for the Fujitsu fi-6800. From ScanCare, the Fujitsu flagship preventative maintenance program combining training and consumables with its on-site Basic parts, labor and travel, to ScanAid™, the easy-to-install consumable kit, the Fujitsu services suite has a program to meet nearly any budget.
For more information about Fujitsu services, or for details about the free year of ScanCare with purchase, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 1-800-301-9475 or visit: http://www.ImagingService.com.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. We provide cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.