HP Unveils More Than a Dozen New Document Imaging Products16 Nov, 2004
HP Unveils More Than a Dozen New Document Imaging Products
HP unveiled 14 new imaging, printing, and digital information solutions, including a new multifunctional product that provides a low-cost, high-performance alternative to expensive and complex copiers. HP also showcased new customers that are saving money and increasing productivity through the company’s Total Print Management initiative, which integrates devices, software, and services so customers can optimize their imaging and printing environments.
HP has expanded its printing and digital information offerings to provide customers with more productive and efficient options for improving document workflow and management, helping customers to unlock the value of their IT assets.
These new offerings enhance HP’s Total Print Management initiative, enabling customers to achieve a flexible printing environment. For example, all of HP’s new MFPs feature a common control panel and intuitive user interface, requiring less IT management across the network and providing greater end-user satisfaction.
HP’s new multifunctional, volume, and color printing solutions include:
• HP LaserJet 4345mfp series: The HP LaserJet 4345mfp series consolidates everyday features that customers need (printing, copying, scanning, and faxing) into a device that is small enough for the desktop, making it suitable for businesses with limited floor space. Built on HP’s LaserJet technology, the device is capable of producing up to 45 ppm. Offering networking and management capabilities, including HP Web Jetadmin, the HP LaserJet 4345mfp is designed for nearly every office environment. Estimated street pricing starts at $2,599, and this device is expected to be available beginning November 30.
• HP LaserJet 9040mfp and HP LaserJet 9050mfp: Designed for large workgroups that require efficient workflow with worry-free reliability, HP’s LaserJet 9040mfp and 9050mfp include key features such as high-resolution prints and copies at 40 and 50 ppm, respectively. These units boost productivity by offering printing, copying, faxing, and digital sending in one device. Estimated street pricing starts at $9,999, and these devices are expected to be available beginning November 30.
• HP Color LaserJet 9500mfp: This color multifunctional device is targeted toward demanding networked workgroups and departments. It provides color printing, copying, scanning, scan-to-e-mail, analog faxing, and document finishing within a single device. Estimated street pricing starts at $12,549, and this device is expected to be available beginning November 30.
• HP LaserJet MFP Analog Fax Accessory 300: This easy-to-install, internal fax card for HP MFPs improves workflow productivity and increases functionality. Estimated street pricing starts at $249, and this device is expected to be available beginning November 30.
• HP Designjet 4000 series: Powered by new HP Double Swatch technology, which provides faster performance without sacrificing image quality, the HP Designjet 4000 series delivers high-speed color and monochrome prints at up to 42" wide. The HP Designjet 4000 series is designed for line drawings, graphics, maps, renderings, and presentations for medium-sized and large businesses. Expected availability begins on February 7, 2005, and estimated street pricing starts at $9,995.
HP also introduced digital information solutions that provide affordable ways of transforming data from the static to the dynamic. The new solutions include:
• HP 9200c Digital Sender: Users can easily, accurately, and securely scan documents directly to e-mail, fax services, network folders, and content/document management systems, while reducing costs and enhancing productivity with one dedicated device. Estimated street pricing starts at $3,199, and the product will be available beginning November 30.
• HP Digital Sending Software 4.0: Customers can improve core business processes and streamline critical business document handling with HP Digital Sending Software 4.0. Because it integrates with existing IT infrastructures, customers can maximize return, mitigate risk, and reduce business costs. Estimated street pricing starts at $399, and the product will be available beginning November 30.
• HP Digital Send Authentication Solution (DSAS): Designed for the HP Officejet 9100 series, HP DSAS ensures secure NT domain user authentication, allowing only valid users to access the network through an all-in-one device. Expected availability begins January 1, 2005, and estimated street pricing starts at $299.
• HP AutoStore: HP AutoStore, the industry standard for distributing document capture workflow automation, enables IT managers to fully control, manage, and simplify complex content capture pipelines into content management systems, enabling businesses to shrink costs, increase productivity, and reduce risk. HP AutoStore now offers the option of HP support, maintenance, and upgrades via HP Care Packs, non-HP device compatibility, and many new modules. An OEM version of NSi AutoStore and developed using HP’s Chai open development platform, HP AutoStore is a product of the companies’ five-year collaboration to offer customers a version of superior quality and functionality. Compatible with all Chai-enabled HP LaserJet MFPs and Digital Senders, HP AutoStore will be available at the end of November through HP resellers worldwide and has an estimated street price starting at $3,042.
• HP Digital Pen and Paper: New for the HP Forms Automation Solution system is the HP Digital Pen 250, an enhanced digital pen featuring a slim design and increased physical security. It also offers a sizable memory, holding up to 200 form pages before a download is needed. In addition, HP FAS now supports additional HP printers and new digital layout design tools to automate form design. The HP Digital Pen 250 is available immediately with an estimated street price starting at $200.
• HP Web Jetadmin 7.8: HP’s latest enhancement to its imaging and printing management software enables customers to use one solution to manage their heterogeneous imaging and printing environments. New features include device alerts, diagnostics, and configuration options for HP and non-HP devices; fleet configuration of HP MFP digital send-to-e-mail and fax settings; automatic device configuration; a plug-in able to discover PC-connected printers; and a certification program for more advanced management of non-HP devices. The software is currently available via a free download at www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin.
• HP Web Jetadmin Report Generation Plug-in v2.0: Customers can easily collect, store, and display printer and supplies usage data with this latest software. Enhanced features allow users to track and forecast supplies usage, device assets, and error logs to increase productivity and reduce network impact. The software is available immediately as a free download from www.hp.com/go/wja_reports.
• HP Web Delivery 1.5.1: Businesses can rely on HP Web Delivery 1.5.1 for the sharing and delivery of business-critical documents to the Web. In addition to the customization, delivery, and notification of documents standard in previous versions, HP Web Delivery 1.5.1 improves performance with optimized queries and user interface enhancements. This product is available immediately with an estimated street price starting at $25,000 per server.