Kodak Completes Acquisition of BÖWE BELL + HOWELL Scanner Division9 Sep, 2009
Kodak Completes Acquisition of BÖWE BELL + HOWELL Scanner Division
Rochester, NY (September 2009)—Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK) today announced that it has completed the previously announced transaction to acquire the scanner division of BÖWE BELL + HOWELL. The scanner division, a leading supplier of document scanners to value-added resellers, systems integrators, and end users, is based in the greater Chicago area and conducts business worldwide with locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
The scanner division will be a part of Kodak’s Document Imaging Business, within the Business Solutions and Services Group. Approximately 50 BÖWE BELL + HOWELL employees have joined Kodak as a result of the acquisition, including Russell Hunt, who is now General Manager, BÖWE BELL + HOWELL Products, Document Imaging, Business Solutions and Services Group, Eastman Kodak Company. Hunt now reports to Dolores Kruchten, General Manager, Business Solutions and Services Group, and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“This acquisition will provide end users worldwide with exciting and broad choices in document capture products, along with industry-leading service and support to help them increase business efficiencies and realize timely returns on their investment,” said Kruchten. “Kodak is a world leader in document imaging. Completing this acquisition further demonstrates Kodak’s commitment to end-user customers, channel and software partners, the document management industry, and is consistent with our corporate strategy to grow digital revenue and earnings.”
BÖWE BELL + HOWELL document scanners, used by general office, healthcare, financial services, insurance, government, legal and service bureau markets, include:
• Newly announced Ngenuity Scanners that are equipped with a combination of established features and benefits, plus an array of new features that offer optimal image quality, the ability to scan a wider range of documents, and an easy-to-use operator interface
• Spectrum XF Scanners that feature BÖWE BELL + HOWELL proprietary camera technology and high scanning speed for reliable, cost-effective document capture in color, grayscale and black-and-white
• Trūper Scanners that offer high scanning speed and high daily throughput in a compact design
• Wide format Infinity WF Scanners that capture oversized documents, such as maps and blueprints, up to 48 inches in width
• Sidekick Scanners that provide professional level document capture for small offices “BÖWE BELL + HOWELL document scanners enjoy a well-established and highly regarded track record for quality and for a top-notch committed channel of value-added distributors and resellers,” said Hunt.
“This transaction with Kodak ensures that end-user customers can continue to count on these great products backed by a strong sales channel and reliable service.”
“We look forward to combining the strengths and talents of the scanner division’s people and products with those in our business to more comprehensively serve customers and achieve future growth,” said Tony Barbeau, Vice President, Marketing, Document Imaging, Business Solutions and Services Group, Eastman Kodak Company.
For further information about BÖWE BELL + HOWELL document scanners, access http://www.bbhscanners.com/.