KODAK s1740 Capture System Saves Time and Money with Scanning and Sorting Capabilities14 Aug, 2007
KODAK s1740 Capture System Saves Time and Money with Scanning and Sorting Capabilities
The new KODAK s1740 Capture System features advanced operating software and worldwide service and support for financial applications and businesses where documents must be sorted by categories. Typical business applications include businesses with centralized batch scanning operations such as customer service, magazine subscription services, payment and invoice processing, mailroom operations, and others.
The system saves time by enabling automatic post sorting into two, six, eight or 12 pocket configurations, depending on scanned and sorted document size requirements, and offers a scan output of six different images by color, grayscale and bitonal in a single pass. It extends Kodak’s well-respected paper handling capabilities through the scanning process to sorting post scan—all in a relatively small and flexible footprint.
For businesses that require more than scanning and sorting capabilities, the s1740 Capture System also scans documents and checks for OCR, MICR, printing and encoding.
The scanner’s continuous feeder, which can accommodate 1,400 sheets, handles mixed sizes and weights of paper—from credit card to legal sized paper—and sorts by a variety of document attributes, including shape, size and other graphic elements, or by content such as barcode, account number and form type.
The s1740 Capture System, which is available in four models based on number of pockets configured, features a reloadable automatic feeder with double feed control that handles documents from 4.9 inches to 14 inches (125mm to 356mm) long and 2.75 inches to 8.5 inches (70mm to 216mm) wide. It also handles check sized and full sized documents using front and rear side cameras. An optical and ultrasonic double feed check at the intake point prevents multiple feeds and sensors along the paper path monitor transport, and detects double feeds.
KODAK s1740 Capture System advanced operating software—the software for the
KODAK s1700 Operating System—provides:
· Flexible input for all types of applications
· Real time text interpretation of potentially unknown, unsorted and unencoded documents allowing for sorting, labeling, and archival image output assignments of documents while they are still in the scanner
· Information control generated by an application system for known documents for tasks such as fine sorting and power encoding
· Flexible tools for user administration, document type definition, run generation and statistical reports.
The s1740 Capture System offers optional modules including:
· Codeline Recognition for E13B Fonts: Enables MICR reading of checks
· Multi-Line Endorser: Uses an ink supply and print head for the rear side of the document
· Encoder for E13B Fonts: A single line E13B fonts encoder for the front side of the document for producing MICR characters on checks
· Enhanced Sorting: An enhanced split sorting module that detects the number of output runs and calculates pattern files and adds statistics capability to the standard software stat capability
· Barcode Reader Module: Allows reading of various types of 1D barcodes on documents as they are being scanned.
A built to order solution, the KODAK s1740 Capture System will be available for order from the company’s channel partners in September, with anticipated U.S. list prices ranging from $69,990 to $95,400, depending on pocket configuration specified.
Eastman Kodak Company - www.kodak.com/go/documentimaging