New Technology to Connect Multiple USB Devices to Network20 Jul, 2004
New Technology to Connect Multiple USB Devices to Network
silex technology, Inc. announced it has officially launched its full line of print connectivity and biometric products in the U.S. under the name silex technology america, Inc., a solely owned U.S. subsidiary. silex technology america will also launch new USB device-to-device connectivity business products.
As a global provider of print server products for the past 10 years, silex technology america is well positioned to enter the U.S. market. Leveraging its heritage of providing print connectivity products to original equipment manufacturers (OEM), silex will launch its current line of network connectivity and biometric products through its established and expanding U.S. reseller channel.
"silex products are globally known for their feature-rich quality," said David N. Smith, president, silex technology america, Inc. "We'll utilize this reputation to create new printing solutions along with long term development of new secure printing and biometric security device products to serve small and large businesses in a variety of different sectors."
silex provides a complete line of print servers designed to connect virtually any printer, including hp, Canon and Epson, used in home and small offices, large corporations and enterprises of all sizes. silex is also introducing a new line of USB device-to-device servers designed to allow people to connect USB devices to a network. Additionally, silex provides fingerprint biometric products designed to provide a variety of secure computing environments.
Print Connectivity Products
In addition to its full line of established print servers, silex is introducing, for the first time, two new print servers.
* SX-300U -- The silex SX-300U is one of the least expensive, feature-rich, and efficient print servers available. It is an easy way for multiple computer users to share a USB networkable printer connected to a small or home office network instead of directly to a single computer.
* Allows businesses to connect networkable USB printers anywhere on the network quickly and easily
* Provides faster printing speeds
* Features automatic e-mail printing
* Enhanced security IP filtering meets the demanding needs of enterprise
IT managers for access control security
* Includes hp web jet admin support and printer status monitoring
* With an MSRP of $99, the SX-300U is a cost effective print server matching a wide-range of low cost printers
H-260U -- The H-260U is the only internal print server for EIO hp printers that includes a convenient USB port to connect an additional printer, such as a color printer, to the network at no additional cost.
* Connects two printers for the cost of one print server
* Supports multiple operating systems
* Includes built-in flash ROM for firmware upgrade
* With an MSRP of $299 the overall cost of network printer connections goes down for enterprises of all sizes
New Device-to-Device Products
Leveraging its technical expertise in developing quality print connectivity products, silex, in a separate announcement, is launching two new device-to-device servers designed to connect USB devices directly to the network for use by multiple computer users.
SX-3700WB -- As the numbers of wireless networks continue to grow due to the low cost and convenience they provide, wireless connectivity products become increasingly important. More than just a wireless print server, the SX-3700WB is the first single-port wireless device-to-device server connecting networkable USB peripherals to the network.
* MFP USB support
* USB pen drive wireless setup
* Allows users to connect any networkable USB device, including printers, to the network for use by multiple users
* Allows IT managers to save costs of wiring and device management while providing the convenience and productivity enhancements of wireless
* MSRP of $179
SX-5000U2 -- The SX-5000U2 is a four-port USB device-to-device server designed to connect a variety of USB devices directly to a network.
* First USB 2.0 Hi-Speed server to connect USB devices
* Connects up to four different USB devices, and up to nine different USB devices with a USB hub.
* Allows USB networkable printers, scanners, digital card readers, external storage, and even digital cameras to connect to the network for use by all computer users on the network
* Enhanced security IP filtering
* Features automatic e-mail printing
* Printer status monitoring
* MSRP of $229
Resellers benefit from silex's OEM relationships by providing print servers specifically designed for hp, Canon, and Epson printers. Reseller programs can be found at http://www.silexreseller.com.
The SX-3700WB will be available Aug. 15, 2004. All other silex products are currently available through silex resellers nationwide. silex product photos and spec sheets are available upon request.