OKI Printing Solutions Expands MFP Portfolio with Affordable Devices forEfficiency for Small Workgroups28 Oct, 2009
OKI Printing Solutions Expands MFP Portfolio with Affordable Devices forEfficiency for Small Workgroups
Mount Laurel, NJ (October 20, 2009) – OKI Data Americas, which markets its products under the OKI® Printing Solutions brand, today announced the introduction of the MB400 Series, three versatile monochrome multifunction printers (MFPs) with an array of advanced features to meet the steady demands of small workgroups. The MB400 MFP Series offers customers sophisticated functionality at a price that is attractive to small workgroup budgets. Combining affordability and ease of use with superior capabilities for the easiest integration with Microsoft Office SharePoint and other document management systems, these convenient desktop devices incorporate seamlessly into any workspace. In addition, the MB400 Series offers full fax capabilities, including distinctive ring technology, making them three of the most feature-rich MFPs in their category(i)
Highlights of the MB400 MFP Series Announcement:
• The MB400 MFP Series includes the MB460, MB470 and MB480, which feature all-in-one functionality, combining black and white printing and copying, color/mono scanning, scan-to capabilities and analog faxing (MB470/MB480) at a lower TCO than comparable MFP devices.
• All models in the affordable, compact MB400 MFP Series come standard with duplex printing and internal Ethernet connectivity.
• The MB470 and MB480 offer full fax functionality, not previously offered in this segment, which includes distinctive ring, dual access, one-touch dialing and telephone/fax auto switching.
"Price is often one of the key criteria considered during the purchasing process for customers in the small workgroup segment,” said Nick Ciarlante, Senior Marketing Manager, Mono, OKI Data Americas. "The MB400 MFP Series was designed with the same engine as our B400 single function printer series allowing it to deliver cost-effective solutions due to the two-piece consumables it uses, while providing all the features and functionality customers expect from OKI Printing Solutions. With this series we are providing a compact, affordable, MFP that replaces several office devices, allowing small workgroups to simultaneously cut costs and increase productivity.”
Given the feature set and capabilities, the MB400 MFP Series includes the most cost-effective devices in their class – with advanced features(ii) and lower TCO than most competitors. Boasting one of the fastest first page out print speeds and one of the highest maximum page inputs among comparable printers(iii), to further boost productivity the devices combine black and white printing and copying, color/mono scanning, analog faxing and scan-to capabilities.
Small workgroup customers can easily print, copy, scan and fax from one compact device with the capability to easily manage documents and convert hard-copy documents into electronic documents for convenient sharing and archiving. And with access controls, administrators can grant or restrict privileges to individuals or groups of users through unique PIN access codes, allowing certain access, such as print, copy, and scan-to-email or network folders, to specific users.
Recognizing that budgets do not always allow small workgroups to fulfill their office needs, the MB400 MFP Series is dedicated to providing small- and mid-sized businesses with the efficiencies and reliability typically associated with devices designed for large workgroups, while maintaining an affordable price and total cost of ownership.
A great addition to any small workgroup, the MB400 MFP Series is designed to meet the budget needs of today's office environment. With the high capacity toner on the MB480, owners can lower their cost per page even further, providing an exceptional return on investment. Also contributing to the MB400 MFP Series' affordability are the savings associated with two-piece consumable configuration, which allows users to replace just a toner cartridge when necessary, instead of both the toner cartridge and the image drum.
The MB400 MFP Series also offers the following features:
• Full featured analog fax with robust fax features, including one-touch dialing, distinctive ring, broadcast faxing, fax forwarding and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) support (MB470 and MB480)
• Scan files directly to e-mail, PC, network folders, desktop or fax to easily share files or convert hard documents into electronic files.
• Internal Ethernet connectivity standard
• Standard duplex to decrease paper use and reduce cost
• Fast black and white printing at speeds up to 30 ppm and copying at speeds up to 22 ppm(iv)
• Document management utilities including PaperPort and OmniPage by Nuance, an award-winning software which enables users to organize scanned files, making them available for archiving or sharing
• Digital copying with zoom and multi-copy features
• Two-piece consumables and low cost per page (CPP) featuring a high capacity 7,000-page toner cartridge available on all models, and a 12,000-page toner cartridge available on the MB480
• 50-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF)
• Monthly duty cycle of up to 50,000 pages on the MB460 and MB470 and up to 70,000 pages on the MB480
• Compact design to fit in even the smallest environment where space is limited
Available exclusively through OKI Printing Solutions' authorized solution providers, the MB400 MFP Series will begin shipping November 2009 in North and South America with an estimated street price starting at $399.
All OKI Printing Solutions' products and services are built on parent company OKI Data Corporation's history of leadership and innovation in color printing. It is based on printing technologies advanced by OKI Data Corporation, such as digital LED technology and Single Pass Color(TM). This technology allows OKI Data Americas to manufacture products that require fewer moving parts for increased reliability.
OKI Printing Solutions products are backed by comprehensive support from authorized OKI Printing Solutions Solution Providers and Dealers. In addition, the company provides live, toll-free(v) technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, with agents based in North America.
OKI Printing Solutions is dedicated to being environmentally-conscious and supporting our customers' increasing focus on the environment. In support of those efforts, we offer customized printing solutions and multifunctional products that help our customers reduce their impact on the environment and increase operational efficiency
About OKI Data Americas, Inc.
OKI Data Americas Inc., headquartered in Mount Laurel, N.J., and a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, markets PC peripheral equipment and customized document management solutions under the OKI Printing Solutions brand, including digital color and monochrome printers, color and monochrome multifunction products, serial impact dot matrix printers and thermal label printers, as well as a full line of options, accessories and consumables. OKI Data Americas takes a consultative approach to supporting every customer's needs and delivering individualized print solutions that optimize business performance. The company's innovative technology is backed by Tokyo-based parent company Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd., a world leader in information processing systems, telecommunications and electronics; and an approximately $5.7 billion multinational corporation according to its FY 2008 financial reporting. Keeping its customers' needs top of mind, OKI Data Americas is ISO 9001:2000 certified and offers a selection of ENERGY STAR(r) certified products. As an extension of the company's dedication to its customers, OKI Data Americas created the Color Me OKI philanthropic program to support the fight against breast and colorectal cancers and the people courageously battling those diseases.