Ricoh Introduces Personal Paperless Document Manager26 Aug, 2009
Ricoh Introduces Personal Paperless Document Manager
West Caldwell, NJ (August 2009) – Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the launch of the “Personal Paperless Document Manager” (PPDM), a new desktop application that makes document scanning and conversion with network multifunction products (MFPs) easier and more personalized and effective. Developed with Nuance Communications, Inc., PPDM is designed for the Ricoh family of MFPs under the Ricoh, Savin and Lanier brands. The PPDM empowers users to eliminate paper processes by scanning documents directly to folders on a desktop and into ECM solutions.
PPDM makes scanning personal by allowing users to customize the MFP touch-screen menus directly from their PC, without the need for IT resources or intervention. The user experience is enhanced due to the seamless integration of a powerful desktop application with intuitive icon-based selections on the MFP touch-screen. The solution allows scanning at the MFP with single icons for scanning to the desktop, network locations and content management systems, such as Microsoft® SharePoint™. Finally, PPDM makes scanning far more effective by making it easy to accomplish many tasks – such as scanning to the desktop, creating a searchable PDF and converting to a formatted Word document – with one selection at the MFP.
“The addition of personalized scanning features within the PPDM solution is impressive, as users can now instantly customize their MFP touch-screen experience right from their computer. By making scanning easy and personal, and by enabling paperless PDF workflows from the desktop, individuals can streamline document management processes and help make their organizations more successful overall,” said Ron Potesky, senior vice president, Corporate Communications, Product/Solutions & Channel Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation.
Personal Paperless Document Manager – Easy, Personalized and Effective
• Desktop Productivity – PPDM simplifies scanning with features that allow users to combine scanned documents with existing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint content – all with drag and drop ease.
• Enhanced MFP User Experience – PPDM leverages Nuance’s patent-pending PaperPort PSP server component to provide users with clear icon-driven selections on Ricoh MFP devices, with automated delivery directly to the user’s PC.
• Personalized Scanning – With the PPDM server in place, users can directly customize their MFP scanning menus on any Ricoh MFP on the network, eliminating IT customization requests and freeing the time of busy IT staff.
• Robust Support for PDF – PPDM includes both PDF-MRC, which compresses scanned color PDF to be up to eight times smaller than image PDF files, as well as PDF Converter Professional, which adds allows users to create PDFs from any PC application, and provides robust support for viewing, annotating and editing industry-standard PDF files; also advanced PDF features.
• Time Saved – PPDM includes Nuance’s OmniPage software, the most accurate way to turn paper and PDF into editable Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents – complete with text, columns, tables and graphics. With the average office worker able to type at about 35 words-per-minute, and an average page of text containing 500 words, the conversion features can save 15 min. ppm.
Ricoh Americas Corporation, headquartered in West Caldwell, N.J., is a subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd., the 73-year-old leading supplier of office automation equipment and electronics, with fiscal year 2008 sales in excess of $20 billion.
Ricoh Americas Corporation is a leading provider of document solutions. Ricoh’s fully integrated hardware and software products help businesses share information efficiently and effectively by enabling customers to control the input, management and output of documents. Ricoh Americas Corporation directly or through its network of authorized dealers markets and distributes products in North, Central and South America.
Information about Ricoh's complete range of products and services can be accessed on the World Wide Web at www.ricoh-usa.com.