Six New Monochrome imageRUNNER Devices2 Jul, 2008
Six New Monochrome imageRUNNER Devices
Canon U.S.A., Inc. recently introduced the monochrome imageRUNNER 3245/3245i/3235/3235i/3230/3225 MFPs. Designed to deliver the advanced features and functionality that workgroups and small business are demanding, these imageRUNNER models incorporate a new robust system architecture, support advanced digital workflows and come standard with color scanning functionality.
The MEAP (Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform) enabled imageRUNNER
3245/3245i/3235/3235i/3230/3225 models produce letter-sized output at up to 45
pages-per-minute (ppm), 35ppm, 30ppm and 25ppm respectively. These models are
built upon Canon’s new generation imageCHIP II (Concurrent Hyper Intelligent
Platform II) system architecture that provides dual processing capabilities for
faster processing and response times, and allows for a more advanced and
sophisticated feature set, including the following key enhancements:
· Rich Color Universal Send features including color scanning and XPS support
· Scan to or print directly from an external USB memory media device
· Usability improvements with a new TFT Color LCD Screen and support for an external USB keyboard
· Image quality enhancement with support for true 1,200 dots-per-inch (dpi) resolution
· Improved authentication and support for the Kerberos industry standard with the new Single Sign-On (SSO) capability
· Advanced security features, including support for IPSec (Internet Protocol Security), IEEE 801.x, Hard Disk Security options and more
· Network flexibility with support for Wireless LAN, IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) and 10/100/1000 Base TX Ethernet support
· Up to 100-sheet capacity Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder (DADF)
· Easy operation with new HTML-based electronic manuals.
The imageRUNNER 3245/3235 models are available in two versions at each speed – an “i” model and “Base” model, while the imageRUNNER 3230/3225 models are only available in the base configuration. The i models come bundled with many standard features for out-of-the-box business productivity, including network printing with support for Canon’s proprietary UFR II technology, PCL5e/6 and PostScript® 3™ emulation, and advanced color sending capabilities. The base models also have standard network printing capabilities using Canon’s UFR II technology and are highly configurable with a variety of options, such as optional PCL5e/6, PS3, Color Universal Send, and Advanced and Security Send Features.
The new imageRUNNER models also support today’s ever mobile workforce by supporting the integration of USB memory media into business workflows. This allows users to directly store documents scanned at the imageRUNNER system in black-and-white or full color to a user’s USB memory media device, or print documents out from the USB memory media device on the imageRUNNER MFP without connecting to the network.
Canon’s Color Universal Send technologyi is available to quickly distribute scanned documents to multiple network destinations, including e-mail and Internet fax addresses, Local Mail Boxes, facsimiles, network folders and WebDAV servers. These new imageRUNNER models now support Microsoft’s XML Paper Specification (XPS) file format, as well as other advanced file formats, such as Searchable PDF/XPS, High Compression PDF/XPS, Trace & Smooth PDF, Encrypted PDF, and Digital Device and User Signature PDF/XPS.
Canon’s new imageRUNNER models meet the ENERGY STAR guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Canon is a long-time ENERGY STAR partner, and is a strong advocate of consumer education of energy-efficient products through its product labeling and environmental programs.
Canon U.S.A., Inc.- www.usa.canon.com