Toshiba America Business Solutions Announces New Software Solutions To Improve Document Management, Capture, Work Flow, Output28 Oct, 2009
Toshiba America Business Solutions Announces New Software Solutions To Improve Document Management, Capture, Work Flow, Output
Irvine, CA (October 2009) – Toshiba America Business Solutions (TABS) today announced the launch of three new software solutions – deskSystem, deskRecord and deskForm – designed to improve document management, capture, work flow, and output for multifunction printer (MFP) users. These solutions represent tier one offerings in a new, multi-tiered Toshiba software strategy announced to dealers over the summer during Regional Summits in Las Vegas and New Jersey. The “desk” software developed by Prism Software Corporation, targets small- to mid-sized businesses requiring affordable entry-level solutions. These solutions are also easy for dealers to install, connect, and complement the award-winning Toshiba MFP line-up. Software add-on options within tier one will range between $495 and $3,995.
“Part of the reason we designed a tiered strategy was to help our SMB customers who had a need for software add-ons, but often felt that the options available in the marketplace were too advanced and thus too costly for their particular needs. This made it difficult for them to fully maximize productivity and efficiency within their offices. By offering simplified, affordable solutions, we can meet their needs, increase their productivity and improve their bottom line,” said Joseph Contreras, director, Product and Solutions Marketing, TABS. “At the same time, we’re providing an opportunity for Toshiba dealers to complement MFP sales and build professional services practices by offering solutions that are easy to deploy.”
deskRecord is a complete desktop document management system that:
- Quickly searches and retrieves documents;
- Decreases the need for physically filing paper documents;
- Provides real time document tracking and auditing;
- Instantly shares documents via email; and
- Saves documents directly from Microsoft Office applications
deskSystem is an easy-to-use desktop application that allows users to:
- Create work groups for community-based work flow and collaboration with intuitive document composition and editing;
- Create personalized and automated workflows and business processes for the automatic processing of documents;
- Automatically route documents in and out of software programs such as DocRecord, deskRecord and SharePoint; and
- Easily and quickly compose and edit complex documents.
- deskForm is a complete personalized communication solution for cross-channel messaging for small organizations. Key features include:
- Create personalized print and electronic promotional, transpromo and transactional documents;
- Generate personalized Web pages and HTML emails;
- Fully-integrated postal certification;
- SMS text messaging to provide instant notifications to customers;
- All capabilities in a single application;
- Integrated Microsoft SharePoint Server Output; and
- Integration with DirectSmile for the creation of unique, personalized graphics and images.
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) manages product planning, marketing, sales, service support and distribution of copiers, facsimiles, multifunction printing products, network controllers, and toner products throughout the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TABS has five divisions: the Electronic Imaging Division; the Toner Products Division; the Document Solutions Engineering Division; the International Division; and TOPAC U.S.A., Inc., dba Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS), a wholly-owned subsidiary corporation of TABS, that operates a network of wholly-owned office equipment dealers throughout the United States.
Named the most favored manufacturer ten times by the Business Technology Association (BTA), Toshiba's entire product line, customer support and marketing distribution policies are markers for the industry. Among the many other awards garnered in recent years, Toshiba was named the "Manufacturer of the Year" eight times by Marketing Research Consultants (MRC), and has twice been named to the CIO 100 for being among the top 100 "bold" (2008) and "agile" (2004) companies in the world.
TABS is an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the seventh largest electronics/electrical equipment company and the world's 91st largest company in terms of sales. Ranked by Fortune magazine as the eighth Most Admired Electronics Company in the World, Toshiba Corporation is a world leader in high technology products with more than 300 major subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. Fiscal year revenue in 2008 was approximately $76.7 billion. For more information on Toshiba copiers, facsimiles, multifunction printing products, network controllers or toner products, or for a dealer in your area, call (800)-GO-TOSHIBA or visit the TABS Web site at www.copiers.toshiba.com.