Toshiba Selects Lexmark Fleet Manager Software to Deliver Enhanced TABS MPS Offering17 Aug, 2011
Toshiba Selects Lexmark Fleet Manager Software to Deliver Enhanced TABS MPS Offering
IRVINE, CA - August 15, 2011 – Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) today announced the availability of Lexmark’s (NYSE: LXK) Fleet Manager 2.0 software, an offering which will provide authorized Toshiba subsidiaries and dealers with the end-to-end capabilities to help businesses manage, optimize and service their fleets while simultaneously reducing costs and enhancing productivity.
The Lexmark Fleet Manager software enables the holistic management of network and locally attached devices in order to help service providers automate device management tasks, create and monitor service tickets, schedule maintenance events, streamline supplies ordering, and quantify total costs of printing from small-to-medium sized businesses. This software is integrated with billing and other systems to provide a full solution for service providers.
Lexmark Fleet Manager is a valuable addition to Toshiba’s managed print services (MPS) strategy and can be utilized with Toshiba’s award winning Encompass.
“Studies show that 67 percent of all organizations have no idea how much they print,” said Bill Melo, vice president, Marketing, Services and Solutions, TABS. “In looking to provide Toshiba subsidiaries and dealers the premiere ability to analyze their customer’s print output and behavior, improve service through real-time device alerts and trouble ticket prioritization, and increase office productivity by increasing device uptime, we chose Lexmark based on their expertise and long history of providing MPS customers a best of breed solution. Ultimately, MPS providers will be able to utilize the data gathered to develop a forward-looking strategic corporate print strategy to keep their customers satisfied for years to come.”
“Analysis, optimization and the continuous improvement of a customer’s output fleet are essential elements to enable a successful managed print service strategy, regardless of company size,” said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. “Lexmark has long been a leader in providing MPS to global enterprise customers, and our new LFM 2.0 software will now help to enable Toshiba to deliver managed services to their customers.”
There are five key components of the Lexmark Fleet Manager 2.0:
1) Lexmark Fleet Tracker MSP (Managed Service Provider): Server-based, it gives the print services provider a platform to centrally manage and monitor thousands of devices in multiple locations. It also provides advanced roll-up functionality by enabling full management of data provided by Lexmark Fleet Tracker, Lexmark Services Monitor and Lexmark Local Tracker.
2) Lexmark Services Monitor: PC-based to provide the basic functions of discovery, meter collection and transmission, and alerts via email or XML, for a network environment of up to 500 devices. It also can roll-up to Fleet Tracker MSP.
3) Embedded Lexmark Services Monitor (eLSM): Available to install on supported Lexmark MFPs, it will collect data on up to 100 devices.
4) Lexmark Fleet Tracker (Enterprise): Server-based, it offers a similar level of functionality as MSP, but for a single site and with the ability to manage thousands of devices.
5) Lexmark Local Tracker: An add-on module to Lexmark Fleet Tracker that can capture user and device information on networked and local attached devices.
About Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc.
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) is an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the seventh largest electronics/electrical equipment company in the world. TABS is a leading provider of managed print and professional services (MPS and PS), and manages product planning, marketing, sales, service, support and distribution of copiers, facsimiles, multifunction printing products, network controllers, and toner products throughout the United States, Mexico, Central and South America and the Caribbean. MPS and PS are strategic focus areas for the company, which first developed and began marketing the Encompass™ MPS program in 2003.
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TABS has five divisions: the Electronic Imaging Division; the Toner Products Division; the Document Solutions Engineering Division; the International Division; and Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS), a wholly-owned subsidiary corporation of TABS, that operates a network of wholly-owned office equipment dealers throughout the United States.
Honored with the Channel’s Choice top award for “Superior Performance” twelve times by the Business Technology Association (BTA), Toshiba's entire product line, customer support and marketing distribution policies are markers for the industry.